What's new

Phil Schiller Derails Cheap iPhone Rumours

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8258-iphone-5-first-official-photo.JPG

Well it looks like my spidey-Apple sense isn’t as good as I thought, with the news today from iDownload Blog that Apple’s SVP of Worldwide Marketing, Phil Schiller, has only gone and derailed the runaway train that is the latest rumour all about Apple planning to release a cheaper iPhone to sell in emerging markets later in the year. Despite the fact that such highly credible sources as the WSJ and Bloomberg have a recently published stories saying that a cheaper iPhone is indeed on the way, iDownload Blog says that The Next Web has reported on an official interview with Schiller in a Japanese newspaper in which he says that it is not Apple’s style to target the cheaper end of the market, adding that Apple is all about giving people who want integrated experiences premium products. So there! If the interview is to be believed, and The Next Web has had its veracity confirmed by Apple, talk of a cheaper iPhone with fewer features appears to be way wide of the mark.

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/01/10/phil-schiller-denies-budget-iphone

pleased to hear that,i hope it's true.

Every time people have predicted a cheap Apple product they have been wrong...

Remember not too long ago the so-called experts said the mini would $199 or less. Ha ha ha.

Apple doesn't sell into the cheap market on any of their devices, they are not going to start now with a phone.

Every time people have predicted a cheap Apple product they have been wrong...

Remember not too long ago the so-called experts said the mini would $199 or less. Ha ha ha.

Apple doesn't sell into the cheap market on any of their devices, they are not going to start now with a phone.
i have to agree with that,Apple are about quality.