What's new

Personal Hotspot

agw65

Reaction score
Hello,
I just updated my iphone with the 4.3 ... The personal hotspot does not showing in my settings... Can somebody explain it why and help me fix this?
Thanks in advance,
ag

Last edited:
Are you looking in general. Settings. Network??

Should look like this.

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299972238.887885.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299972238.887885.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3,692
Thanks for the message... on my screen instead 'Set Up Personal Hotspot' I have 'Cellular Data Network'... it seems that something went wrong during the update...

i dont get that hotspot in the options, i wonder if your carrier has to enable it

I've updated the 3GS and it has it. Not updated the 4G yet.

I believe you can tether three devices it's up to the carrier to enable the other two...

It might be carrier specific. I don't have the plan however. When I click on that button, it prompts me to change my plan to the tethered one, which would cause me to lose unlimited. That I could never do.

Sean

With AT&T you need to change your plan so that it includes tethering. Then the hotspot feature will work.

Thanks guys...
It seems that it is a carrier issue... I talked to them and they told me that this is a paying service... although they told me that they direct competitor has this option for a one time unblocking fee... My carrier is Vodafone Romania... They also told me they'll look into this and probably they will offering this service soon...
Thanks again... I thought there is something wrong with my iPhone4...
Best thoughts,
agw

mine personal HotSpot option keeps circling, i cant even click on it. I have att

Been playing around with the hotspot feature last night. The reason why it wasn't showing up on my 4G was because I was connected to wifi. It seems to turn off as soon as you connect to a wifi signal.

Both the 3GS and the 4G can tether wirelessly to my iPod. I picks it up just like it was on a normal wifi signal. Can even use FaceTime and download apps over 20mb. Seems the 3 network here in the uk has it turned on automatically with the standard data plan...

When you go back to 3G does the icon next to Hotspot keeps circling around?