What's new

Personal Hotspot

misterfuzz

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am loving my new iPhone 4 on Verizon, but I didn't spring for the tethering plan. When I go into the device's settings, however, I still have the option to enable it. I am afraid to pull the trigger because I expect I would get hit with the $20 charge automatically for turning it on. Anybody tried this?

misterfuzz said:
Hey all,
I am loving my new iPhone 4 on Verizon, but I didn't spring for the tethering plan. When I go into the device's settings, however, I still have the option to enable it. I am afraid to pull the trigger because I expect I would get hit with the $20 charge automatically for turning it on. Anybody tried this?

You will still have to contact Verizon about adding it to your plan

Or jailbreak the iPhone and you could get it without monthly charge at your own risk

If you enable hotspot on a factory iPhone Verizon it will alert you that you need to purchase the tethering plan. However, like quedi12 said, if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, you can download a 3rd party application called "TetherMe" which will enable you to use the hostspot without paying a monthly fee, all you have to pay is the one time fee of $4.99 for TetherMe!

jmills87 said:
if you enable hotspot on a factory iphone verizon it will alert you that you need to purchase the tethering plan. However, like quedi12 said, if you want to jailbreak your iphone, you can download a 3rd party application called "tetherme" which will enable you to use the hostspot without paying a monthly fee, all you have to pay is the one time fee of $4.99 for tetherme!

 +1!