What's new

Password?

rws

Reaction score
I have just gotten a new IPhone 7 plus. It works just fine but I am having a problem with an app that I use. I have used a password database for a number of years (Keepass) and the interface to my IPhone is an app called Syncpass. It has worked beautifully on my previous IPhones. When I open the app on the old phones I was prompted for the master password to gain access to the database. On this new phone I am no longer prompted for the password and can get right into the database. This means anyone who might steal or use my phone has access to all my pswds.. I did have to update this Iphone to restore my old phone but aside from that no major changes on my part. Is there something in the new IOS that "remembers" passwords? This is also happening on my IPad mini which is not new. Yes, I could set up security on the IPhone for fingerprint or pswd but that's not the point. I have talked with the developer and he is in the dark as well. Any ideas out there?
Thanks,
Russ

Have you tried deleting the app, then reinstall it back and start over? There's nothing with the iPhone 7 Plus that would cause that. Not that I'm aware of. Did you set up your phone with a back up? If so, maybe the OS is corrupted. In that case, restore it as new with iTunes.

iCloud Keychain remembers passwords but it just auto fills the password box and doesn't bypass the password screen.

Thanks for the replies. I have deleted and re-added the app. I have also been in contact with the developer and he is at a loss probably because it is no nlonger supported. The odd thing is my wofe and I got these phones the same day and hers works as it should. I have compared our settings and the only thing I see different is that the App shows on my phone on the main Settings screen where I can turn cellular data on or off. Nothing on hers.
There is the ability to use a pin on the app so I do have a work around. Just pisses me off.
I did look at IPassword but it does way more than I want. I guess I am old school and would rather not automate passwords. Seems to easy to get screwed.

Thanks for the replies. I have deleted and re-added the app. I have also been in contact with the developer and he is at a loss probably because it is no nlonger supported. The odd thing is my wofe and I got these phones the same day and hers works as it should. I have compared our settings and the only thing I see different is that the App shows on my phone on the main Settings screen where I can turn cellular data on or off. Nothing on hers.
There is the ability to use a pin on the app so I do have a work around. Just pisses me off.
I did look at IPassword but it does way more than I want. I guess I am old school and would rather not automate passwords. Seems to easy to get screwed.

You could always use the Notes app to keep passwords. Keep it locked and set up for fingerprint.

You could always use the Notes app to keep passwords. Keep it locked and set up for fingerprint.

When you write the notes app and keep it locked.

I take it you mean the iPad/iPhone itself yes?

That's how l do it.