What's new

Password Manager

dave307

Reaction score
Could I have some thoughts o password managers, Looking on the app store I came across the 1 Password.
It has got some good reviews has anyone here got it and what does one think of it.
How secure is it would it be secure enough to enter you master card details, It does have an option to use finger print to open the password it.
Any help on this Please.
Many Thanks to all once again.
David.

I have the app 1Password (for more than 5 years, now) and I couldn’t recommend it more. I have the Pro version, so it’s installed on my iPhone, iPad and Mac Mini.

I have never been concerned about security. In fact, I feel safer with the app. I have it linked to my Dropbox account and all the data is encrypted on Dropbox. Plus, either Dropbox or 1Password (I forget which) ensures a secure transmission of data from my device to "the cloud."

I like the ability to create separate and strong passwords for any website I go to. In fact, other than my master password for 1Password, I don’t know any of my passwords. Too complicated to write down and try to use manually.

I have the TouchID enabled and 1Password is accessible via Safari. It’s a very simple process to log into any site I go to (and some apps, too).

This app (function? utility?) is in my top 3 of apps. It makes things so convenient.

As always, YMMV, but I’ve never regretted getting this app.

Marilyn

I use LastPass across all my devices:
  • Win7 Pro 64bit desktop w/Chrome
  • Ubuntu (Linux) 64bit laptop w/Firefox
  • my iPhone 6
On my iPhone I have the LastPass app in the bottom app bar so it's easy to access.
Works outstandingly. :)

Marilyn
Would it be possible for you to say what the advantages are for using the I have the Pro version.
Many Thanks for your reply.

Thank You very much for the reply. Been looking through the web regarding how would I insert my passport details and image or even my driving licence car insurance policy?.
Can't see that option or is it on the one of payment for ÂŁ9.99p.
David.

When I looked at "1Password" (way back) it didn't have Linux support, which is why I choose "LastPass."

Thank You very much for the reply. Been looking through the web regarding how would I insert my passport details and image or even my driving licence car insurance policy?.
Can't see that option or is it on the one of payment for ÂŁ9.99p.
David.

I don’t know if it’s in the Pro version, but there is a category I can add to record my passport and drivers license information. I also have a spot for my credit and debit card details.

Very handy, this app... [emoji4]

Marilyn

I don’t know if it’s in the Pro version, but there is a category I can add to record my passport and drivers license information. I also have a spot for my credit and debit card details.

Very handy, this app... [emoji4]

Marilyn

Another vote for 1Password. I'd been using the free version for a year or so and this past spring went to the paid version and just love the app on my phone and really like the idea of also being able to easily access the information on my PC. There was a bit of a learning curve but the email based tech support was excellent and very prompt.