What's new

Password Lite outdate !

HansJacobas43

Reaction score
Looking for a PSW in Password Lite I just got a message telling that the App was not supported using iOS 11 -and: contact the supplier ! The App is not to be found in the App store anymore, so this option is not possible.
The question is now of course how to retrieve the data stored in an App that does not open !
Have somebody got a hint or any experience to share ?

You will probably need to contact the developer to see if they are going to update the App. It may not be compatible with 64-bit architecture.

And ask them how to get your passwords out of it now that it won't open the app

If it’s this app:
Password Lite by Espressoft Technologies
Password Lite on the App Store

It has been updated by the developer 4 weeks ago, to work with iOS 11. So it should be in the App Store, and if it still doesn’t open, it’s possible to contact the developer.

If it’s a different app, search for it online. Many developers have a website, and you can contact them from there.

Hope that helps.

I know it’s hindsight, but you should have received warnings of the incompatibility of the app with iOS 11 should you upgrade before the app developer updated his software to 64 bit. The warning flatly stated that the app would not work at all under iOS 11. If the app developer hasn’t updated the app by now I doubt that it ever will get updated. Might be time to look for an alternative app. There are several good password apps in the App Store, I would suggest one that can also be accessed with a computer and provides for automatic syncing between devices. As always, keeping a hard copy of the data the app contains, in a secure location, is an absolute must. Good luck.

I know it’s hindsight, but you should have received warnings of the incompatibility of the app with iOS 11 should you upgrade before the app developer updated his software to 64 bit. The warning flatly stated that the app would not work at all under iOS 11. If the app developer hasn’t updated the app by now I doubt that it ever will get updated. Might be time to look for an alternative app. There are several good password apps in the App Store, I would suggest one that can also be accessed with a computer and provides for automatic syncing between devices. As always, keeping a hard copy of the data the app contains, in a secure location, is an absolute must. Good luck.
That notice had to be manually dismissed every time you opened the app when on iOS 10. It would have been impossible to use the app without being aware of the notice.

Reactions: 933