What's new

Overage...how?!?

philsteinouer

Reaction score
I have the 2gb a month plan and I am at 218mb with a 0.4 mb overage I know it won't be a big bill but I just like to know what's going on of anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated

I would think that for a question like this, AT&T customer service would be the best place to ask. Only they can look at your account and see what the charges are for. I would give them a call.

Glad I was grandfathered in with unlimited. My average usage is 20 to 30 gig a month

I am on a business account and my phone on the account has a 2 gig data plan. I went over by 4 gig in January but was traveling a lot and using phone for everything. I have never went over before or since until June. I did not think I had any abnormal usage but kept getting notices of an additional $10 charge for an additional gig. By the end of the billing cycle it had added up to 19 additional gig so $190. Talked to our account rep about it and she looked at all my phone settings to make sure everything was set to minimize my usage and make sure I was using wifi as much as possible. All was already set as it should be and seems I was already doing everything correct. She couldn't give any explanation. Now I'm barely a week into next bill cycle and already got a notice of an additional charge for a gig. How can this be?

AT&T OVERAGES UNEXPLAINED and TURTLE SLOW SPEEDS!! My family (of 7) has been with AT&T for over 8 years now with 5 iPhones (3GS, 4GS, and 4S). Two of those phones are grandfathered in on the unlimited data. We have been experiencing EXTREME data slowness 2-3 mon now. For ex: We download a lot of movies. What use to take ten min now takes up to 7 hours minimum and not always will complete. We contacted AT&T and we were advise that we could change our data plan from unlimited to there 3G pkg to eliminate the problem. What they are doing to their loyal customers that were grandfathered in is THEY are initially slowing the data speed once you reach 3G trying to get ppl out of there unlimited plan. We have made many complaints, even told them we would not be renewing our contract. 6000+ a year we pay them and we were told that unfortunately it was a change implemented by AT&T and doesn't matter how much complaining everyone does that it was one change they are not going to do anything about. AT&T has successfully had many ppl to change their plans b/c of it. All they want is that extra money for the overages. They don't care they are loosing good customers, over what? Approx $20-40!? I'm sure more for some.
ALSO for those who are stating they are experiencing in overages that can't be explained on the 3 phones not grandfathered in. We are also having that problem. Last month we paid $160 in overages of data. I have been keeping a watch on att.com on internet usage. Past few months almost every night starting approx at midnight till 8am my bill shows astronomical kb usage when we are sleeping. Over 3,000,000kbs one night. The question is what is AT&T doing all of sudden. I have also noticed every time I go to my contacts it starts using data. Beware of AT&T. They are ripping ppl off. 3 years ago, I bragged about them. Would refer them to friends and family. I can't wait till our contracts up because I refuse to give them my hard earned money for services we aren't receiving and their faithless concerns of their customers.

Still scratching my head?? Last month again, my oldest son went over $60, my youngest, $110, even 40 myself. I've been comparing bills as we have been with AT&T since 2007. We do nothing different. Even the downloads of movies KB is 1000 times the KB it use to use. AT&T? What are u guys doing? My phone uses data every time we access contacts, speak to text, (and that works when it wants!) and even when i go to text. my data spinner always starts going no matter what I access. What could cause over 1,000,000 KB to be used when ppl are sleeping?