What's new

Otterbox commuter or defender for my iPhone?

mmaann1122

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've had my iPhone 4S since May, and I currently use the otterbox defender. I've never dropped my iPhone yet. And I'm sick of always having to take off the case because of dust that has got underneath the defenders case. So which would be better for me a defender or commuter? Does the commuter pick up a lot of dust also? I also find the defender bulky. Please help!

Commuter is not as bulky. I take mine off once a week and clean it but I have a green and grey case and it gets full of black grime and grease. Don't notice a lot of dust build up on it aside from the exposed areas of the phone. Dropped it a few times with no issues thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado8405 said:
Commuter is not as bulky. I take mine off once a week and clean it but I have a green and grey case and it gets full of black grime and grease. Don't notice a lot of dust build up on it aside from the exposed areas of the phone. Dropped it a few times with no issues thus far.

Thanks! What screen protector are you using? I heard that the one otterbox supplies is terrible.

I have a zagg invisishield hd. It works well but I'm still unsure about the rubbery feel on it.

Do you recommend getting the HD full coverage zagg shield?

As far as not having any air bubbles in the protector the zagg is great in that sense. I have a problem where I don't have enough oils in my skin so sometimes my fingers drag on the rubbery feel of the protector or don't always register keystrokes on the phone. It happens at work too with PLC touchscreens so I know it's me and not the phone. I would recommend giving it a try as it has a lifetime warranty if anything happens to it.

I've had both cases. Started with the defender and it was a great case, just too bulky. Switched to the commuter and it served me well for about 5-6 months till the hard plastic by the dock cracked. The screen protector that was supplied with the commuter is pretty good. No air bubbles what so ever. I like the fact that you can hardly tell that it's there.