What's new

OS Mavericks is free from today

All done in about 3 hrs, iMessage wouldn't work after though, sorted it now.

I finished my OS X Mavericks installation when I got home from work this morning. From a visual standpoint, it's a much less dramatic change than iOS 7 was. I like the addition of iBooks and maps. I'm currently downloading the updates for iMovie and iPhoto, two very large apps. This will take at least 2 or 3 hours.

I finished my OS X Mavericks installation when I got home from work this morning. From a visual standpoint, it's a much less dramatic change than iOS 7 was. I like the addition of iBooks and maps. I'm currently downloading the updates for iMovie and iPhoto, two very large apps. This will take at least 2 or 3 hours.
Lol, i'm doing exactly the same thing, just over an hour on one of them, about 30 mins on the other, the camera update was much shorter.

I like how you don't have to keep entering your admin password just to change the time.

I finished my OS X Mavericks installation when I got home from work this morning. From a visual standpoint, it's a much less dramatic change than iOS 7 was.

So glad to hear that! I've always felt that OS X was the most beautiful UI among all of the operating systems.

Now here' something interesting. OS X Mavericks is downloaded and installed on my computer but I'm still prompted to download it.

Now here' something interesting. OS X Mavericks is downloaded and installed on my computer but I'm still prompted to download it.
That is interesting and strange, does the prompt keep popping up?

It's not a pop up, but whenever I go to the featured page in the Mac AppStore,there's the ad for Mavericks at the top of the page saying download now. If I look at the list of apps by Apple, it also says download.

If I click on the Apple logo at the top left of the home screen and check out the about this Mac section, it shows that I do indeed have Mavericks installed.

It's not a pop up, but whenever I go to the featured page in the Mac AppStore,there's the ad for Mavericks at the top of the page saying download now. If I look at the list of apps by Apple, it also says download.

If I click on the Apple logo at the top left of the home screen and check out the about this Mac section, it shows that I do indeed have Mavericks installed.
Isn't that weird! I never heard of that before.