What's new

Opinions sought

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't been around the forum lately, and am getting somewhat behind the times.

I kept my iPhone 4 for a few years and then upgraded to a 5S 64Gb which is presently running iOS 8.1.2, mainly because I haven't bothered to update to 8.3.

My question is this: Are there any compelling reasons to upgrade to the iPhone 6? While I'm pleased that I upgraded to the 5S, mostly for the extra storage and the fingerprint feature, I'm not at all sure I will need more features.

This is not a choice between Apple and Android/Windows, btw. It's a choice between upgrading to another Apple phone, or sticking with what I have.

There's the faster processor and WiFi, bigger screen, and when it comes to Canada the iPhone 6 will support Apple Pay.

There's the faster processor and WiFi, bigger screen, and when it comes to Canada the iPhone 6 will support Apple Pay.

Thanks for the reply. Those could be worthwhile considerations. My collection of movies continues to grow and could make the bigger screen very useful.

Thanks for the reply. Those could be worthwhile considerations. My collection of movies continues to grow and could make the bigger screen very useful.
If you plan to put a lot of movies on your phone you should also consider the 128GB version.

I tend to buy BluRays with digital copies so most of my movies are in the cloud, but I have a vast music collection, so 128GB would definitely be an asset.

If you're looking to get a phone now, then I would wait a few months. Historically new phones tend to launch in the Fall. No sense spending money on a device that will technically be outdated a couple months after you buy it

Or if you really want a 6 then the price might be less when the new device comes out

I would agree with the post above, I would wait a while.