What's new

Only 1Gb of Ram ?

I have to disagree with the lower specs comment. The A series chips have always made excellent and very competitive benchmarks for their respective generation. Plus, my galaxy note 3 has 3GB of RAM, but Verizons and Samsungs bloatware, take up 2GB of my RAM at all times, so the 3GB of RAM on that device is moot. Unless of course, you root it, but we're talking stock right meow. :p

Pretty much this. If you actually grind down the iPhone with tests with regards to processor and RAM performance with what's actually being used when you're using an iOS device, unless you're running a daemon that's constantly requiring your processor's attention (which only really applies to jailbroken devices), even on the iPhone 5S, you'll only really be 'using' about 400-500MB of your RAM max, even if you're running an app that requires heavy caching and processing, examples being The Walking Dead, Asphalt, and the likes. iOS in itself takes up an extremely small amount of RAM relative to what some Android firmwares and PC firmwares take up.

With how iOS manages resources like RAM and cache, 1GB is actually sufficient, even for high processing/caching demands with packages like OS Experience which creates a virtual desktop-like environment for multitasking in the true sense if you can call it that, only capping at about 600MB of your RAM being used, leaving you with the latter 424MB for iOS itself among other things.

There's the idea that 'more RAM is better', which isn't as true for iOS because iOS manages resources extremely well, and unused RAM is wasted RAM for iOS, so even if you pump the RAM to 3-4GB to match that of Android and other mobile OS phones, unless you have a memory leak or forcing apps to run in the background against iOS's cleaning/refreshing, you won't exceed (theoretically) about 1.2GB of usage with the refresh rate of iOS on resources.

I haven't followed the livestream at all, but from what I've gotten from Reddit and the web, unless Apple pushes for something like an Octo-core processor with insane graphics rendering, 2GB will most likely be the maximum RAM on any iOS device for another 2 years possibly if not even longer, assuming no significant game-breaking events occur, which is hard to say with how technology evolves

There's the idea that 'more RAM is better', which isn't as true for iOS because iOS manages resources extremely well, and unused RAM is wasted RAM for iOS, so even if you pump the RAM to 3-4GB to match that of Android and other mobile OS phones, unless you have a memory leak or forcing apps to run in the background against iOS's cleaning/refreshing, you won't exceed (theoretically) about 1.2GB of usage with the refresh rate of iOS on resources.
That's a better way to say it than I did. ^^^^

Pretty much this. If you actually grind down the iPhone with tests with regards to processor and RAM performance with what's actually being used when you're using an iOS device, unless you're running a daemon that's constantly requiring your processor's attention (which only really applies to jailbroken devices), even on the iPhone 5S, you'll only really be 'using' about 400-500MB of your RAM max, even if you're running an app that requires heavy caching and processing, examples being The Walking Dead, Asphalt, and the likes. iOS in itself takes up an extremely small amount of RAM relative to what some Android firmwares and PC firmwares take up.

With how iOS manages resources like RAM and cache, 1GB is actually sufficient, even for high processing/caching demands with packages like OS Experience which creates a virtual desktop-like environment for multitasking in the true sense if you can call it that, only capping at about 600MB of your RAM being used, leaving you with the latter 424MB for iOS itself among other things.

I haven't followed the livestream at all, but from what I've gotten from Reddit and the web, unless Apple pushes for something like an Octo-core processor with insane graphics rendering, 2GB will most likely be the maximum RAM on any iOS device for another 2 years possibly if not even longer, assuming no significant game-breaking events occur, which is hard to say with how technology evolves
This just goes to show that you have to look beyond the technical specifications to how the phone performs in the real world.

I don't usually care about specs on paper but I've had many problems with safari crashing. The good news from what I read the iP6 plus does have 2gb of ram although I haven't been able to confirm it from Apple's website.

From what I have read, both 6 and 6+ have 1G of RAM. GSM is quoting 1G as well.
If IOS can swap memory fast enough it should not be an issue. I would still be more comfortable with 2Gig