What's new

One photo much sharper than the other

Ben-Zion Herszfang

Reaction score
I'm attaching two photos of the same cat taken a day apart with the same iPhone 7 at the same spot with the same light sources.
Why is one much sharper than the other? Is it just the focus?

2017-01-15 18.54.04.jpg
2017-01-14 14.06.31.jpg

I'm attaching two photos of the same cat taken a day apart with the same iPhone 7 at the same spot with the same light sources.
Why is one much sharper than the other? Is it just the focus?

View attachment 29978 View attachment 29979

It looks like the first day, the picture was clearer and sharper, but it is interesting that the file is smaller. Also, I am wondering, does the iPhone 7 have the dual cameras like the Plus? Wondered if that had anything to do with it.

Well, one seems to be digitally enlarged or the phone may have been closer when taking the photos

It looks like the first day, the picture was clearer and sharper, but it is interesting that the file is smaller. Also, I am wondering, does the iPhone 7 have the dual cameras like the Plus? Wondered if that had anything to do with it.
The iPhone 7 doesn't have the telephoto camera.

The images are not exactly the same. The aspect ratio is different, and this could be the reason for the difference. The first one looks like it's 4:3, the other one seems to be 3:4.