What's new

On-Hold Music

Jim Becher

Reaction score
Wow. Googling results are very confusing on this topic. When I have someone call me and I need to put them on hold for some reason is there any way I can let them listen to "On-Hold" music? I don't think there is anything native to an iPhone 11 that will do this. Is there an app available that will?

Wow. Googling results are very confusing on this topic. When I have someone call me and I need to put them on hold for some reason is there any way I can let them listen to "On-Hold" music? I don't think there is anything native to an iPhone 11 that will do this. Is there an app available that will?

Any on-hold music would have to be supplied by the call provider.

So how would my provider (Consumer Cellular) know when I put someone on hold?

Sorry but something is not making sense. I have an iPhone 11 and my provider is Consumer Cellular. When someone, anyone, calls me and I put them on hold I want music to play to them until I take them off hold. Does that explain the situation any better?

As stated earlier the provider has nothing to do with it. The provider has no way to know when I put a call on hold. If you don't know the answer please don't respond.

As stated earlier the provider has nothing to do with it. The provider has no way to know when I put a call on hold. If you don't know the answer please don't respond.
Of course the provider can tell you have a call on hold. In fact, certain providers will, for a fee, provide music.

Carriers provide many services, including voicemail. Apple does not provide that. Check with your carrier about on-hold music. I don't think my carrier offers that.