What's new

Official IOS 7 thread.

Had a good install on day 1, but after 2 days of bad battery life, I passed this off to bad work locations, but yesterday had the occasion to check usage, found on time. 2 hrs....run time 2 hrs, and I did little if anything during that time so I resigned myself to a wipe and reinstall...did that this am. Let's see if it helped. Hope so. The new iOS is great

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

well guess we can call ourselves ?? for this old feller a lot to do about fancy new wallpaper on an old operating system. only my opinion but it pretty much is the same just a different way of accessing items its neither good nor bad just ehh. I have noticed a lag big time on my iPhone 4 and it might be the old app not up to IOS 7 standards time will tell. I have to say this in all honesty I feel like I'm on an android o/s having to seek out what used to be right at my finger tips ahhh so this is progress hmmmm?? for the young ones enjoy me thinks i might as well join the android folk heck I'm halfway there now on this or a iphone 5s. I have thoughts on current apple managment nuff said.

Had a good install on day 1, but after 2 days of bad battery life, I passed this off to bad work locations, but yesterday had the occasion to check usage, found on time. 2 hrs....run time 2 hrs, and I did little if anything during that time so I resigned myself to a wipe and reinstall...did that this am. Let's see if it helped. Hope so. The new iOS is great Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

So far so good. Seems to have resolved problem

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Just developed new problem. In safari I get a bookmarks, favorites page $image-4034770655.jpg It looks like this. It goes on for ever can't find a way to make it go away.. Sly ideas Sent from my iPad using iPF.net. It's on both iPhone 5 and iPad 2

I'm getting used to the new iOS so far but now I show 1,969 unread emails in one of my mailboxes.

$image-3092229341.jpg

That is inaccurate as I have read all of those emails. Any ideas how to clear that? It's in my msn email. That's going to get really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

That's actually kinda.....funny! LOL! Just kidding! It must be archived, sent, junk mail or something? Can you investigate it on a pc for a better investigation? I had an issue with "Notes" disappearing from my phone and found them in a folder on my Yahoo account..only on the desktop version though.

I'm getting used to the new iOS so far but now I show 1,969 unread emails in one of my mailboxes.

View attachment 13634

That is inaccurate as I have read all of those emails. Any ideas how to clear that? It's in my msn email. That's going to get really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Same problem with one of my accounts in the stock mail app. I'm beginning to think the stock mail app has an issue with mail counts.. every folder on mine is empty.

iphone 4 lasted less than 20 hrs on full charge. I shut it off overnight when I turned on said it had a new jersey verizon server unable to connect where did that come from??
I have had a few screen freezes and in some forums other than here it really never indicates that i have asked to go to another thread very annoying never know if it is working or not.
next font and boldness why did they
separate these 2 features? both are under general settings but one is in text size the other in accessibility strange.

and I assume no more battery on screen saying the phone is charging or another hidden setting?

I also notice itunes comes up last when iPhone is connected to computer now iPhoto opens first then loads all pics and then iTunes open showing it is syncing strange this iOS 7 or do I need to backup to iOS 6 and reload iOS 7 again?

Here is an update using ios7 on my 4s. Only complaint: Setting times on calendar, more difficult than on 6 (to me anyway). Battery life: Since last full charge: 5.5 hours of work, 2 days and one hour usage = 25% left. I consider that better than on 6 on this phone. Summary - still a happy camper on ios7 for 4s. Really am enjoying iTunes Radio, by the way.

My iPhone 5 also shows a lightning bolt to the right of the battery icon when it is plugged in. My iPad 4 shows the same.

As Barry626 mentioned, you can show the battery percentage to the left of the battery in Settings > General > Usage > Battery Percentage. I've had this enabled since purchasing my iPhone 5 months ago and it adds a nice visual clue.

Last edited:
Well i think ios 7 is absolutely rubbish, wish i could go back to ios 6 now..Will not be getting another iPhone will be getting a samsung next time, my battery just drains and drains..Sorry Apple your running out of ideas.

Well i think ios 7 is absolutely rubbish, wish i could go back to ios 6 now..Will not be getting another iPhone will be getting a samsung next time, my battery just drains and drains..Sorry Apple your running out of ideas.

Let me guess. Have lots of Text, Email, Apps and Pictures on your iPhone?

I also notice itunes comes up last when iPhone is connected to computer now iPhoto opens first then loads all pics and then iTunes open showing it is syncing strange this iOS 7 or do I need to backup to iOS 6 and reload iOS 7 again?

That has nothing to do with iOS7. Mine did it on my Mac with iOS6. It is annoying, but just close iPhoto immediately....you don't have to wait for it to load.