What's new

Official Apple IOS Firmware Download Links for iPhone

Jmills87,

I have three ATT IPhone 4's that I am trying to jailbreak (tethered or untethered)so that I can use with my T-mobile sim card:
1. IOS 5.0.1 bb 04.11.08
2. IOS 4.3.5
3. IOS 4.3.3

I tethered jailbroke the first two with my win xp pro laptop using redsn0w without any problem by following the instruction on this forum but when I tested it with my working t-mobile sim card, it won't take it. It says something like not valid. I tried two different working micro sim cards, it says the same thing. Am I missing something here? Please let me know what to do next.

On the third one (ios 4.3.3), I've been trying to untethered jailbreak for the last couple days by following the same steps with no success. Towards the end of the jailbreaking process when it rebooted right after all the unix codes loading on the iphone screen, it showed the white apple logo for two days. I repeated the same process several times and it stucked at the apple logo. Right now it is on the IPhone original state as if I just bought it from the store wanting me to use itunes to restore and update. ITunes says it is in recovery mode and wanting to restore and update. How do I restore it without updating the ios since I want to preserve the original ios 4.3.3? Thank you for your help.

All 3 can have an untethered jailbreak on 5.0.1. The first one cannot be unlocked. The second and third can be unlocked with a Gevey SIM as long as you update to 5.0.1 with a custom firmware in order to preserve your baseband.

All 3 can have an untethered jailbreak on 5.0.1. The first one cannot be unlocked. The second and third can be unlocked with a Gevey SIM as long as you update to 5.0.1 with a custom firmware in order to preserve your baseband.

Jmills87,

I think I do not know the difference between unlocked and jailbreak. Could you educate me please? I used 2 working t-mobile micro sim cards on the first two with no success.
Are you saying that I can have all three devices updated to 5.0.1 custom firmware during the jailbreak with no problem? I thought if you have 4.3.3 you have to use 4.3.3 to redsn0w jailbreak.
I need your help on the third one (4.3.3) on how to restore without updating using itunes that thinks it's in recovery mode. I want to preserve the old bb and afraid to click next in itunes. Thank you much.

Just restore a custom firmware on the second 2 to update to 5.0.1 and preserve your baseband. The first one cannot be unlocked so it doesn't matter if you restore a custom firmware or not.

Unlocking and jailbreaking are two completely different processes. Jailbreaking gives you root access to the filesystem so that you can install tweaks/apps/themes from Cydia(3rd party app store). Unlocking is so that you can use the phone on an unofficial carrier.

All 3 can be jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.10b3 after they've been updated to 5.0.1.

In that case then I just want to unlock the phone so that I can use the ATT Iphone with my t-mob sim card.
Just to make sure, how do I restore a custom firmware on the 2 (4.3.5) and the 3rd one(4.3.3)? I've been following the jailbraking instructions for a week thinking I am unlocking the iphones. Thank you.

Make a custom firmware to restore with either sn0wbreeze or redsn0w. You will need to buy a Gevey Ultra SIM to unlock either of the iPhones that are currently on iOS4.

Make a custom firmware to restore with either sn0wbreeze or redsn0w. You will need to buy a Gevey Ultra SIM to unlock either of the iPhones that are currently on iOS4.

Jmills87,
The last two iphones with ios 4.3.3 and 4.3.5, how do I make and restore custom firmwares using the latest redsn0w?
Does jailbraking also mean unlocking the device at the same time?
Is there any way to unlock the iphone other than using gevey ultra so that I can use my t-mobile sim card on the att iphone? I have a gevey (doesn't say ultra on it) that has instruction that requires calling 112 among others. I tried it and it does not work.
Thank you.

Select the "Custom IPSW" option under "Extras"

No, jailbreaking does not unlock the device, unlocking must be done separately. Your only choice for unlocking is to use a Gevey Ultra, the Gevey Turbo SIMs will not work on 5.0.1

I did that. Which ipsw should I select for custom ipsw? The 4.3.3 ipsw or 5.0.1 from apple download site (stock ipsw)?
I saved my shsh files using tinyumbrella two days ago (1099748524942-iphone3,1-4.3.3.shsh and 1099748524942-iphone3,1-4.3.5.shsh), how do I use these original blobs to restore my iphone to the original firmware and baseband? Now it says ios 4.3.3 and baseband 04.11.08 - how come?

If you're on the 04.11.08 baseband you must have restored a factory iOS5 firmware at some point and you will no longer be able to unlock that phone. As I said before, there is no way to downgrade baseband.

Oooppss. I thought I read somewhere in this forum that said if I preserve my blolbs, I would be okay.
Now, I am down to my last iphone with ios 4.3.5 bb 04.10.01. How could I unlock this iphone correctly since I can not afford to make mistake?
Thank you.

Oooppss. I thought I read somewhere in this forum that said if I preserve my blolbs, I would be okay.
Now, I am down to my last iphone with ios 4.3.5 bb 04.10.01. How could I unlock this iphone correctly since I can not afford to make mistake?
Thank you.

the baseband 04.10.01 is not unlockable with ultrasn0w so you would probably have to rely on gevey sim, at least for now until there is a new unlock for newer basebands for the ip4

Thank you.

Like I told you earlier, as long as you restore a custom 5.0.1 firmware your baseband will not be updated. You didn't do that though, you restored a stock firmware and that's why your baseband got updated. Just restore a custom firmware on the last unlockable phone you have and then buy a Gevey Ultra SIM.