What's new

Office Outlook 2010 not updating to my ihone 5s

I hook it up to my pc and it syncs all apps. It used to update any contacts change automatically without being hooked to my pc within a minute but I don't know how it did it
If it didn't sync via iTunes, perhaps it did so over the Gmail account.

Make sure Contacts is enabled for Gmail in your settings. If it is, look at the account online, using a browser, and take a look at the settings of the account.

Mark as solved. I called iphone support and they helped me. I found that I needed to uninstall itunes and install the latest version and then install the icloud control panel on my pc. It now updates...thanks for the replies...

I'm very glad it's working again.
This thread caught my eye as I also have OL2010 and an iPhone 5s. I set up my account using IMAP on OL2010 and using IMAP on the iPhone. My folders sync by IMAP but I have to sync Contacts via iTunes.
I don't understand "Outlook feature" mentioned here. Is this something that would make syncing Contacts easier for me? Could anyone give me an outline as to pros and cons and relevance to me? I suspect that I could spend hours researching this - perhaps someone could just let me know if it would be worth while?

@pat100
Outlook feature means to set up the account in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars, using Outlook.com when adding the account:
image.jpg

I'm using this setup to sync my contacts on two iPads and an iPhone, since it was possible to set up the account this way. I don't need iTunes or iCloud or any other method to get my emails and contacts synced.

@pat100
Outlook feature means to set up the account in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars, using Outlook.com when adding the account:

Thanks! Do I understand correctly that this only works with a Microsoft account and would not work with my Godaddy email account?

Thanks! Do I understand correctly that this only works with a Microsoft account and would not work with my Godaddy email account?
I don't know for certain, sorry!
Try setting it up using the Outlook.com option. If this doesn't work, use "Exchange" (below iCloud on my screenshot). That should work.

To get the right settings, use this link to check them:
Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support