What's new

Notifications Not Sounding

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
For some reason my phone's notifications of emails and texts is not sounding. I noticed this earlier in the week. I turned the phone off and on again, and later notification sound seemed to be back, but today they disappeared again. I checked my setting both days, and my sounds are turned n with volume at max. Any idea what this is happening?

Hold the on/off button and the home button at the same time and then slide the power off on the home screen. Then turn the phone back on. If that doesn't fix it press both until it restarts.

Hi bear,

I powered the phone off and then turned it back on before I read your reply. It seems okay at the moment. If it stops giving notification sounds again, I will try what you suggest. Thanks. : )

Well you already did the first part and the second was only if that didn't work. Think of it this way. Ever computer needs to be turned off and on again occasionally. Clears things out.
Glad you have your sounds again.

My phone's battery was very nearly completely drained this morning. There was plenty of power to the battery last night. I had the phone in bed with me and may have rolled over on it during the night which could have caused an app to run and thus drain the battery, but there were no open apps this morning. This is the first time this has ever happened. Anyone know if this could be related to the problem I had this week with the notification sounds not sounding?