What's new

Not seen in MS Explorer

Nigel

Reaction score
On connection to the Win7 desktop my iP6 automatically causes iTunes to load. However, whilst the iP5 showed as a drive in MS Explorer, iP6 does not show. Why is this and what is the solution please?

When you connect your iPhone to the PC, you should get a popup. Something like "Trust this computer?" If you don't/didn't select "Trust", your iPhone won't appear in Windows Explorer.

Thank you, J.A. So do you know why the 'Trust this computer?' doesn't appear, when clearly the phone is connected because iTunes loads please?

And yet I see that in iTunes it will go to Explorer to find a music file..

Disconnect and reconnect your iPhone, maybe you'll get the popup afterwards.

If it doesn't appear, open iTunes, go to Preferences, select Advanced and click "Reset Warnings".

Many thanks, J.A. did that, but that does not appear to be solving the issue. Any other thoughts please?

The PC will find your iPhone and identify it as camera, when photos are in the Photos app. If you don't have pictures there, take screenshots (e.g.) and try connecting it once more.

A few things you can try otherwise:
Update computer and iPhone. The latest iOS is 9.

Make sure Apple Mobile Device Support is installed on your PC.

If it is, follow these instructions to remove iTunes and everything related to it from your computer, and reinstall it:
Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Many thanks, J.A. Taking a photo did the trick, thank you. But once the photo had been down loaded the phone didn't show again in Explorer. Still, I can work with that. iTunes is working fine. Thanks again for your help.

I had this same problem with my Samsung Galaxy III phone,using then Win7Pro Also when i had Win8.1 but after installing Win10 i can now connect my new iPhone6 also the old Samsung phone to my computer.
I would really advise getting Win10. It might not be the total cure but it's a step i feel in the right direction.