What's new

No talk & surf????

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphonedreamer

Reaction score
I just purchased the iPhone 5 from Verizon and they said that I cannot talk & surf the web at the same time. Wasn't that the purpose of 4g???

When VZW implements the full LTE specification in late 2013, early 2014 that will be correct. But to speed up deployment they only did the LTE data side. Which is why they are further along than any other carrier. In fact it is possible they will be finished with voice before AT&T's LTE is fully deployed. Which I find pretty dang ironic.

I guess that makes sense from a business standpoint, but I really thought that feature was available now with the iPhone 5

I was with AT&T for years. When all my friends talked about the superior connectivity they had with Verizon, I would say "but I can text and talk". Turns out that isn't much of an advantage if you have no service. Recently I switched to Verizon. I don't miss the text-and-talk feature AND I don't miss the No Service display that I often saw at the top of my phone, either.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

hookbill said:
I believe you can text and talk with Verizon. Text uses the basic digital cell phone, not data.

I think it would be difficult to text and talk. I mean I suppose if you are on speaker you could. I don't know if I could multi task like that.

You just can't use data and talk unless as I said previously you are on wifi.

Sorry, I meant talk and surf.

I have talked and texted before. I do have to go to speaker to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.