What's new

No Service, Searching........

Status
Not open for further replies.

x2jah

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 6s Plus (Model A1522) about 2 months ago my phone said No Service. I thought it was a cell tower down. continued throughout the day, still nothing. Went to my provider and they swapped SIM cards. It worked, thought it was fixed. about 4 miles away on my way home same thing. Went back they told me its an apple problem. Saved some money and purchased a new antenna, sim card tray & battery (only cause I was in there). Installed the components and still nothing. I also reset everything to factory setting and rebooted. Still nothing... I know that I am not the only one with this concern. Any help????

Thank you in advance

Who installed the components? Were they installed correctly? If so maybe it's something other than the antenna or tray? I think it's very unlikely to be the sim itself or the carrier.

I have an iPhone 6s Plus (Model A1522) about 2 months ago my phone said No Service. I thought it was a cell tower down. continued throughout the day, still nothing. Went to my provider and they swapped SIM cards. It worked, thought it was fixed. about 4 miles away on my way home same thing. Went back they told me its an apple problem. Saved some money and purchased a new antenna, sim card tray & battery (only cause I was in there). Installed the components and still nothing. I also reset everything to factory setting and rebooted. Still nothing... I know that I am not the only one with this concern. Any help????

Thank you in advance
Did you think of taking it in for a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple store to have a diagnostic run before installing those parts? They might have been able to pinpoint the problem before any work was done on the iPhone. Unfortunately, now that you've attempted your own repair, Apple will no longer look at your iPhone.

You could have a problem on the logic board itself and replacing other parts won't help. Are there any independant repair shops that can run a diagnostic on your iPhone?

Does it start working again once you approach within the about 4 mile radius?

A lot will depend on your carrier. When I first got my 6s Plus, I selected T-Mobile. Very little or no coverage as shown with “bars”. Called Consumer Cellular and they said said sims. Sent me an AT&T card, I put it in and presto, coverage.

They haven't responded to this since early 2017 (2 years ago)

The OP hasn’t been back since February 2017 and will not see any replies. Therefore this thread is now closed to further posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.