What's new

No service after unlocking

carolschwab

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 3g iphone with a 6.15.00 baseband and a 4.2.1 ispw. I unlocked it with redsn0w 0.9.6b6 and ultrasn0w and after that, it doesn't ever get service. It's always displaying the no service sign, and I've even tryed with the original carrier sim card wih no success. I've also tryed to reset all settings, again with no success. I've tried in two different pcs, one running windows 7 and one in xp. I don't have a mac and my dog ate the original sim card, wich is from portugal, and now i'm living in Brazil. Please, pleaaaaase help me. Tks a lot.

Last edited:
You will need a sim form the carrier the phone was originally locked to to activate the phone. Doesn't have to be the original...

OMG, You gottta be kidding me!
I bought this phone on a trip in Portugal but I live in Brazil. I brought my vodafone sim, although there's no vodafone in Brazil, just in case. It happens that about 2 hours ago I found my dog eating the vodafone chip!!
I can't believe it!!! This seems like a soap opera or something!!!!
Is there any other way to solve it, 'cause I don't plan to get back to Portugal in the next three months, since I got in Brazil today!!!
Please, please, is there any other way??? Please help me....

ok, thanks for your help anyway. I'm sure it will help some other people, 'cause i've seen a lot of topics with that question and with no answer. As for myself, i'll wait to see if anybody else knows another way. Tks a lot.

There way well be a way. There usually is with stuff like that. I don't rely on an unlock so never had the problem of activating my phone. Google knows more than I do ;) Lol...