What's new

No audio on one app

billd39

Reaction score
Updated iPhone to 10.3.1 yesterday. Shortly after tried to play video on CNN app. Video OK but no sound. Same result on several videos on CNN. Videos on other apps, (DW, BBC), sound is fine. Baffled . . . Any help?

You could try force quitting the CNN App. Double tap the Home Button to show open Apps, then swipe the CNN App upwards.

You could try force quitting the CNN App. Double tap the Home Button to show open Apps, then swipe the CNN App upwards.
Caroline, thanks for your response. We have used this process often. Unfortunately, it didn't cure our problem.

Perhaps the app developer needs to upgrade the app? Does the app site show others making the same complaint?

Yes, we did try that, but again, no cigar. :-(. Deleted the app, went to the App Store, and reloaded it. Same result. What is strange is that all other videos from other apps work fine. When you delete and reload, I wonder if you get a new copy with the same problem ?? Also, CNN is probably a widely distributed app. Haven't seen any other post here with the same problem characteristics. Thanks again, Caroline!

You're welcome! I am only sorry I couldn't help.

Perhaps the app developer needs to upgrade the app? Does the app site show others making the same complaint?
I haven't noticed anything on this forum. This is the first time I've tried problem-solving on a forum. The app developer shows as CNN Interactive, Inc.. Looked there but found no area for problem posting. Beginning to wonder if I've got a bad OS load. Any thoughts? Thanks for your reply, Bear!

I looked at recent reviews on the app site for CNN in the App Store. Lots of negative reviews within the last week. As I suggested before, this might be a developer issue and perhaps you can use their link to outline the problems you are having for the developer to fix.

CarolineM nailed it!! Look at the recent reviews. They are all filled with bad comments. So it's. it just you. Hope that the developer gets it resolved soon or the app is going to take a big hit due to all the negative reviews. Have a good one. Your phone is fine. It's the app for sure!!

I looked at recent reviews on the app site for CNN in the App Store. Lots of negative reviews within the last week. As I suggested before, this might be a developer issue and perhaps you can use their link to outline the problems you are having for the developer to fix.
I finally got my act together and found the reviews on the CNN app. You're right on the money, Bear. I left my 2 bits worth, and hopefully the developer will respond soon. Thanks Caroline, Bear and 933 for your assists!
Cheers, Billd39