What's new

Nexbie to Iphone4 verizon ---HELP!!!!!!!

ironhead

Reaction score
I just dumped my original Droid 1. Made the leap to this apple product. I have had tr for 2 days and love it so far. I am getting used to no notification lights...that will take a while.

My biggest complaint right now is IT IS SSSSSSSLLLLOOOOWWWWW!!!!! My2 yr old droid orginal was much faster. I know a guy that has the same phone on AT&T and his blows mine away. I don't understand what is wrong with mine. It is killing me. I love the phone but don't think I will be able to keep it at these speeds. Can I do something???? Help Me Please....

What phone is it? IPhone 4? If yes then fast double tap home button, this will reveal the multitaking bar, in the you will see all applications that you've ever opened before. Touch and keep anyone of those applications for about 3 seconds, it will start wiggling shaking, and you will notice a minus sign - on top left of each one of the applications, tap ob that minus sign to completely close all the applications that you see in the multitasking bar. Restart your device and check how you feel about the speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello and welcome to the forum! what firmware is your verizon iphone on? maybe a restore to the latest version would help if it is not already on it

It is the I4 and the firmware is updated. I have heard that verizon is capping speeds for people with unlimited data.....could that be it?

no that wont be it.. if anything it would of made it faster by capping speeds.. it means there wont be 100000 ppl downloading and using 3g as much and giving you more b/w but that would not effect the phone speed no matter what...

some times firmwares can be fairly buggy so its best to restore or update when there is new fw updates unless you badly want jb and are happy with the fw.. but for you i would upgrade see if that helps

Glad you are here! Hope you are enj:)ying the iph:)ne!

Love mine!! Thanks for sharing the multitask feature to make sure my tasks are closed! That was a great tip..