What's new

Newby -- problems with photos appearing on 2 iPhones

compiler

Reaction score
OK, 2 months ago my wife bought an iPhone 6 Plus. Hers is 64 gb. A month ago, I bought an iPhone 6 Plus, but with only 16 GB. That;'s fine because I don't intend to do too much with pictures, music, videos, etc. We have one apple ID/password.
However, when my wife takes pictures, they also appear on my iPhone. I don't want this, due to the limited memory. If she deletes a photo, it is deleted from my iPhone. If I delete a photo from my iPhone, it does not get deleted from hers. So, I guess I can just delete all the photos. Anyway, how do I stop her photos from automatically appearing on mine. We are new to the iPhone world. I'm sure it may pertain to some synch setting or maybe icloud. Suggestions?

Mel

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Mel!

You're right. It's a setting you have to change, and it has to do with iCloud.
Go to Settings - Photos & Camera. If iCloud Photo Library is enabled, turn it off. If you notice that "Upload to My Photo Stream" is turned on, disable it. That will prevent photos from appearing on your device.

Hope that helps.

JA:

I am still a bit confused because we have two phones.
On HER phone (the one we want to put the pictures on), ICLOUD PHOTO LIBRARY is enables along with UPLOAD to my photo stream. ON MY phone, ICLOUD PHOTO LIBRARY is not enabled, but MY PHOTO STREAM is.. What do i disable, on which phone. My GUESS is that I turn off HER "Upload to my photo stream." Or, alternatively, I guess I could disable MY PHOTOI STREAM on mine?

Thanks for the lightening quick response to my original message.

It doesn't matter what she has enabled, you have to disable both settings on your device, in order to avoid receiving photos from her iPhone.

Hap ki do:

Actually, we do. We put photos on our computer and will use Picasa to enhance them and even utilize Walgreens to create assorted albums. As I indicated, I have a 16 gb iPhone, so storing a lot of pictures will create memory issues. We are all set.

Mel