What's new

crapsurfer

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am new to online forums and would like some advice. I have had an accident with my Iphone4, I dropped it in water. The phone still works and all of it's features apart from the camera. I have re-booted the phone and updated the software. Any tips? I have insurance but am wondering if it can be repaired locally at a reasonable cost or should I claim and send it off?

Any replies will be appreciated.

P :camera:

Hi and welcome!!

Apparently putting the phone into dry rice can help.

Hi all.

I am new to online forums and would like some advice. I have had an accident with my Iphone4, I dropped it in water. The phone still works and all of it's features apart from the camera. I have re-booted the phone and updated the software. Any tips? I have insurance but am wondering if it can be repaired locally at a reasonable cost or should I claim and send it off?

Any replies will be appreciated.

P :camera:

hello and welcome to the forums!

I have tried everything with a wet iphone from putting it into a freezer or putting it under a lamp and the rice thing and the rice thing works best but you have to do it quickly after it has been dipped in the water otherwise it wont work as well, I would take it back to apple

Unleashed said:
hello and welcome to the forums!

I have tried everything with a wet iphone from putting it into a freezer or putting it under a lamp and the rice thing and the rice thing works best but you have to do it quickly after it has been dipped in the water otherwise it wont work as well, I would take it back to apple

Yes I agree with both of the posters above me. Welcome to ipf by the way

Hi crap...surfer. Man, I thought I had it bad the other day when I let my iPhone slip 1/2 inch onto a wooden table! Panic attack! Much less drop it in water, like you. In any case, you got great advice here -- good luck.