What's new

Newbie with dumb app question.

learjet45

Reaction score
Okay, this is my first app download, 'Intellicast Weather'. It is shown in itunes on my PC, but it's not on my phone. How do I get an app to my phone?

if you download it from app store it install straight onto your iphone :) thats the only place to really dl them from.. apart from jailbreaks cydia

It downloaded from the App Store but it is not on my phone..no icon.

Did you attach your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes and select your iPhone in the left hand column, then select the APPS tab and find the app and put a check mark next to it and then sync. If you only have one iDevice you can also check the box next to "Automatically sync new apps". and that will allow iTunes to sync all apps automatically, however as you tire of some apps, you probably won't wand to do that any more.

Phone is attached. I pull up the APPS tab in the PC Itunes browser, but there is no place for a checkmark and I see nothing that says "auto sync new apps". I bought a manual and have looked all over the net. The screen I'm seeing is not the one in the manual or the advice I've seen on the net. This is getting pretty frustrating! I know I'm new to this but what I'm trying to do can't be this difficult.

One other odd thing. When I click on the phone icon a window opens asking me to register the phone....it already is registered.

Okay, this is my first app download, 'Intellicast Weather'. It is shown in itunes on my PC, but it's not on my phone. How do I get an app to my phone?

I'm not understanding. First, why are you using iTunes for downloading apps? As far as iTunes goes, RUN away from it if you can! Simply go to the App Store icon on your phone and "Search" for the app you want (Intellicast) and download directly to your phone. FYI, Accuweather has a great weather app as well.

Personally, I never use the iTunes disaster if I can help it, except for occasional "back ups" for the iPhone...

Why can't I find "Intellicast Weather" when I search the app app on my I4?
Airpix

I think I discovered the Intellicast Weather question. It seems to be an Ipad app not for the Iphone.

I think I discovered the Intellicast Weather question. It seems to be an Ipad app not for the Iphone.

Good catch!!

In any case, why would anyone use iTunes to d/l an app when you can do it directly on the phone.

Some apps can be quite large so are best done on the computer. Sat nav apps like Tom Tom can be over 1gb in size. The computer will be slightly faster and can be easier to use when simply browsing the iTunes store...

I tried it on Itunes because I couldn't find it through the Iphone. Now I know why!

Airpix

As you discovered it's not an iPhone app so it wont be on your iPhone the app store...

Last edited: