What's new

(Newbie) Unlock Iphone 4)

chresrond

Reaction score
Dear Master,

I just buy iphone 4 from japan and locked by carrier , i'll need to unlock the phone then can use on every carrier. detail specification as bellow ;
Iphone 4
Version = 6.0.1(10A523)
Carrier = Carrier Lab 13.0
Model = MC605J
MODEM FIRMWARE 04.12.02

Could you advise to me what's the tutorial unlock ? pls

Regards,
Chris

Japanese iPhones are extremely hard to unlock. IMEI unlocks are very sparse, and most carriers will not and cannot unlock it on their end because of restrictions. Unless you know a real inside guy that can force it on the whitelist, you can't unlock it by any legal/iPhoneForum approved methods

I've only tried this case once for a relative. He went over to Japan for a few years so naturally he bought an iPhone over there. When he came back over to the US, he wanted to unlock it, but when I called the carrier, they said they couldn't unlock it because they don't have the privileges to, Apple doesn't unlock anything themselves once it's out of the warehouse, and there aren't any IMEI unlocks that we can purchase online. So the only way he could've unlocked it now was through a backdoor unlock. Then the 5 came out and he just ditched the idea and went for the 5 lol. The 4 he eventually got a backdoor unlock for and it's working, but backdoor unlocks aren't supported by iPhoneForums nor is it entirely legal