What's new

New Video Shows iPhone 8 Dummy Up Close

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Dummy iPhone 8 video posted online.JPG

iDownload Blog reports on a new video posted by OnLeaks in partnership with Tiger Mobiles that gives possibly the best look yet at a dummy OLED iPhone 8 unit.

The dummy unit depicted in the video has a slightly curved 2.5D glass front that covers almost the entirety of the front of the phone, with very thin bezels and a cutout at the top for the front-facing camera and 3D sensor, as well as possibly other, as yet unknown, sensors. The back of the dummy shows the vertical dual-camera array.

The dummy iPhone 8 shown in the video is a CNC mockup built using CAD files posted to Twitter in April. With those files being over 2 months old, it’s possible that there have been changes made to the final iPhone 8 design in the meantime, but this would certainly appear to be a very accurate depiction of a particular stage of development of the forthcoming OLED iPhone 8.

Source: New video provides one of the best looks yet at iPhone 8 dummy unit

Fitting name as only a dummy would think this design looks great.

That notch cut out at the top with the ear piece is terrible and knowing (hoping) how meticulous the design team at Apple is, they wouldn't go for a screen that has the top middle-most part cut off from being seen. That's horrendous design (if true) - which I highly doubt.

I have to ask myself about the fact that people are so thirsty for anything iPhone, that they're willing to invest in a CNC mockup to make a video based on nothing. Even the production value is over the top. Not to mention the guy wearing white gloves so as to give the illusion that even the very slight contact with skin would melt the prototype.

It's great click bait and I'm sure generates lot of video views and suckers, errr, ... I mean, traffic for their social media channels.