What's new

New user from Lappeenranta (Finland)

lsandini

Reaction score
Hello,

It took some courage (and some bucks) to switch from Nokia to Apple, but here it is, my iPhone 4 16Gb and a few questions soon in the forum, unless I find my answers there first :)

Cheers, Lorenzo

Welcome.

Nokia had their time long ago. I remember having the one that had an external aerial and the very first version of snake on it! How times have changed... Lol

Welcome.

Nokia had their time long ago. I remember having the one that had an external aerial and the very first version of snake on it! How times have changed... Lol

good ol snake :D i used to love that game, then snake 2 and then eventually nokia stopped adding that game, on the n97 it was not included but there was a touch screen game of snake which sucked as touch screen only

By the time snake 2 came out I had lost interest. I used to think the original was the dogs...

I lately have used an E63 (private) and E71 (work), and some features are great. I like very much the touch feeling of the keyboard, it just feels right under my fingertips.

I have had an eye on the iPhone3 GS for a while, but they were bound to a single provider (TeliaSonera) unless bought unlocked or jailbroken. Now another company sells them unlocked (Elisa).

A few excellent reasons to celebrate have cumulated over a short time, and it has been a long time since I indulged myself with a new gadget.

I have had my iPhone 4 for a week or so, and I really miss one feature: the blinking LED telling me I have had incoming mail, call or SMS messages. Once locked, I have to unlock to check my messages and it shouldn't be like this. If there are alternatives, I am all ears (and eyes).

Lorenzo

By the time snake 2 came out I had lost interest. I used to think the original was the dogs...

i lost it shortly after snake 2, but i had nothing but nokias for years..

I lately have used an E63 (private) and E71 (work), and some features are great. I like very much the touch feeling of the keyboard, it just feels right under my fingertips.

I have had an eye on the iPhone3 GS for a while, but they were bound to a single provider (TeliaSonera) unless bought unlocked or jailbroken. Now another company sells them unlocked (Elisa).

A few excellent reasons to celebrate have cumulated over a short time, and it has been a long time since I indulged myself with a new gadget.

I have had my iPhone 4 for a week or so, and I really miss one feature: the blinking LED telling me I have had incoming mail, call or SMS messages. Once locked, I have to unlock to check my messages and it shouldn't be like this. If there are alternatives, I am all ears (and eyes).

Lorenzo

three gee ess was crap any way. and you did good to stay away from locked iphone! so now you got it unlocked? though i never had any of the E series nokias. where they any good?

you always miss a few features from your other phones, bluetooth. being able to select any mp3 and use as a ringtone or sms but when you switch back all those things you missed you realise where nothing and could easily go with out them.. blinking light for in coming mail? that would be sweet but then the phone has to be faced down all the time? or on a stand

My wife's blackberry has the blinking light. Its just a little LED on the front. Looks a bit like the front facing camera on the 4g. It flashes all sorts of colours depending on a text, missed call or battery state. Its the only thing I would have from a blackberry...

...blinking light for in coming mail? that would be sweet but then the phone has to be faced down all the time? or on a stand

Well the blinking is barely noticebable on the E63, like a tiny flashing ring of white light around the main navigation button on the keyboard. On the E71, it's not flashing but it lights up and dims alternatively very softly. When the screen in dark or shut off, it warns you of incoming messages and is really unintrusive. A quick glance at our phone and you don't even need to bring it out of power saving state, really elegant.

Lorenzo

I'd like to find partner for shipping Apple products in Russia

I'd like to find partner for shipping Apple products in Russia. I will be waiting for your answer on my e-mail:

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum RulesNo External Links...Emails, Social Networks, Blogs.

Last edited by a moderator: