What's new

New to my photo stream

Pcoyle1

Reaction score
Hi
I have recently had the album photo stream pop up on my phone which has all my photos on but then has a handful of pics of orange screen as if someone's finger is over the lens
What are these because they aren't on my phone?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Pcoyle1!

PhotoStream syncs through the iCloud ID. If there's another Apple device connected to your ID, the images from that device will also be visible on your iPhone.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Pcoyle1!

PhotoStream syncs through the iCloud ID. If there's another Apple device connected to your ID, the images from that device will also be visible on your iPhone.

There's just my I pad but the pics aren't from there either
And there quite a few of them so Im wondering if someone else is on my I cloud and there pics aren't uploading properly

Which software is installed on your iPhone and iPad? The most recent one for iPhone 4s and later, and iPad 2 and later is 8.3.

Do you use iCloud Photo Sharing or PhotoStream? That's visible in Settings - Photos & Camera.

Which software is installed on your iPhone and iPad? The most recent one for iPhone 4s and later, and iPad 2 and later is 8.3.

Do you use iCloud Photo Sharing or PhotoStream? That's visible in Settings - Photos & Camera.
Hi I've got both photo sharing and I cloud photos switched on

If somebody shares photos with you, you'll receive an email where you'll be able to accept, then you'll find his pictures in your Photos app as well, the images he chooses to share.

It shouldn't be possible that somebody uses the same Apple ID/iCloud ID as yours. Make sure your ID is visible in Settings - iCloud. If it isn't, then we'll know why these photos appear on your device. This can also happen the other way round: your images can appear on the other one's Apple device.

Another question, if the ID in iCloud is not yours: where did you get your device? It might still be connected to the previous owner's iCloud ID, and will get locked as soon as you have to restore or erase it.

If the iCloud ID is yours, remove it as soon as possible and use a different email address. In that case, someone else has access to your iCloud account, which also means to data saved to iCloud, to login information stored in iCloud, ...

Last edited: