What's new

New to iphone

If Apple would just allow us to put the apps where we want to on the screen and maybe open a theme store to allow us to change the icons. They could charge for icon packs and themes and would make a killing.

There is a content transfer app on the iPhone that should help, another option if you are on Verizon is to backup the old phone to the Verizon cloud and then transfer to the new one from there.
I only had photos and contacts to transfer and that went flawlessly as any other files I wanted were already on my iPad those automatically synced via iCloud.

Samsung Switch is great! Used it to transfer over my call log and text messages ... but it'll transfer a lot more then just those two items. I still use it from time to time to keep my S7 up to date

I used the iOS version to transfer everything from my s7 edge. Man I forget how difficult it can be to navigate iOS. It's been I looking time. I'll have to do a bunch of research. The one thing I'm having a problem trying to fix, is it pulled 5 movies I had and out then in the videos folder. Can these be moved to wherever the movies are synced to in iTunes?

If Apple would just allow us to put the apps where we want to on the screen and maybe open a theme store to allow us to change the icons. They could charge for icon packs and themes and would make a killing.
You can move your apps anywhere you want. Press until it wiggles, then move the icon. When it's where you want, click on the home button.

I'm pretty sure what most posters mean is that on Android you can put an icon / app anywhere on the screen where iOS makes them be at the top in rows. I kept my most used apps on the bottom left of my screen so I could open them with my thumb and just use one hand.