What's new

New to iPhone on Verizon

roaddaw9

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be receiving my first iPhone to use on the Verizon network. I have had iPad, iPod touch, etc in the past. My major question is should I jailbreak? Are there other woftwares that are must have. I only got the 16 gb because I have a 32 gb iPad for movies, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

The day I got mine I jailbroke mine. I only got mine last Saturday, but I don't regret leaving my Droid. My iPhone 4 is literally the best phone I've ever had; I don't even wanna call it a phone. lol Once you Jailbrake it's pretty simple, you'll just need someone to help you know the name of certain apps and such.

jailbreak has so many good apps and abilities it can bring to the iphone and before apple adds the features usually but have a look around at some of the apps that jailbreak can offer and see if any of them might interest you

@roaddaw9 dude!!! congrats on receiving ur iPhone!!! u should jailbreak... for one u can WiFi tether since u probably have an umlimited data plan!!! u should use MyWi 4.0 and u can get in from the repo!!! its the best... and u should also get either My3G or 3G unrestrictor... this allows for u to download apps from the app store that are more than 20 MB and u can facetime over 3G... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The day I got mine I jailbroke mine. I only got mine last Saturday, but I don't regret leaving my Droid. My iPhone 4 is literally the best phone I've ever had; I don't even wanna call it a phone. lol Once you Jailbrake it's pretty simple, you'll just need someone to help you know the name of certain apps and such.

OMG!!! i feel the same way lol... i used to have the Droid X and although that phone was kool (i had that guy rooted to lol), in my eyes the iPhone 4 destroys it!!! its a lot more stable and a lot more fun!!! and ur right, i dont cal my iPhone a phone... its like my life in an electronic device lol...

In my opinion, jailbreak has so many good apps and through one u can WiFi tether. I think you must go for jailbreak.

keep the repos legit.. if you like a cydia app pay for it

+1 for this. If you are trying to get free stuff that are supposed to be paid from cydia, don't be surprise when you see iSpy displaying in your phone, as you might know already, a jailbreak iPhone is already a bit vulnerable, and only legit stuff care about that vulnerability, as for the rest, well depend on the dev, they can at anytime take advantages on that vulnerability and make your device misbehave. Just so you know.

bab2010 said:
+1 for this. If you are trying to get free stuff that are supposed to be paid from cydia, don't be surprise when you see iSpy displaying in your phone, as you might know already, a jailbreak iPhone is already a bit vulnerable, and only legit stuff care about that vulnerability, as for the rest, well depend on the dev, they can at anytime take advantages on that vulnerability and make your device misbehave. Just so you know.

I use the repos for the same reason that I use. To test out apps and see if I'm interested in buying them... I don't steal... I know that the developers work hard on their babies and I wouldn't want them to lose out on any money they can earn for working hard... So yea...

Last edited by a moderator:
bab2010 said:

I use the repos for the same reason that I use. To test out apps and see if I'm interested in buying them... I don't steal... I know that the developers work hard on their babies and I wouldn't want them to lose out on any money they can earn for working hard... So yea...

I can understand where you are coming from and I have used the same argument in 2007, you get games like street fighter Iv right? No light version and the game was a rip off when it was first released so what happens if you pay out your hard earned money only to see the game is well..... Less then good for what ever reasons, there goes 10 bucks down the drain! Though eventually the game was put on sale for 99 cents after I paid the 10 bucks or how ever much it cost, and the money slowly goes up especially if your anything like me ŵho downloads non stop apps and I had to delete some because I used up so much space downloading the apps.

BUT... No matter what the reasons you can't discuss or paste those repos in this forum. It's illegal and will not be tolerated on this forum.

Though saying that one of the repos you mentioned at one point had the only version of action menu that would work with celeste on 4.3.3 until big boss released his much later like months after, and if I did not have it installed my celeste app I paid for would of been useless for months.

Any way as said pls don't talk about them here.

Last edited:
Lol... I'm new to this forums thing... I think this is the first time I've joined one and actually been involved lol... I like this one... It's pretty kool and the people r nice and not stuck up or douchy like other forums I've seen...