What's new

New to apps - 3gs

Just A Beginner

Reaction score
Hi

I'm not up to date with all this phone technology, I have a 3gs, I can't see an internet app, like Google, how do I add Google app?

Thanks, > aps store > Google search > install > this application requires IOS 7.0 or later.

iTunes says I have the latest 6.1.6

Yes apple stopped updating ios on iphone 3gs. You could consider creating a link and saving it to google using safari

In safari at the bottom you will see a box with an upward arrow press that and it will give you the choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You will type the 'www.google.com' into the safari browser and bring up the page. Then at the bottom of the browser tap the middle icon look for option 'add to home screen' should put a icon on your phone

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I thought I had "Google" apps on my phone all I have is Google web page.

I have "apps" store on the phone, when I click on it I get genius for app which says you do not currently have any genius for apps recommendations.

What does that mean?

Also, from Google, I’ve tried to install an app, the message is saying “You’ve not processed the Google play store app on your device with this email account”

What does that mean?

Hi I'm not up to date with all this phone technology, I have a 3gs, I can't see an internet app, like Google, how do I add Google app?
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I thought I had "Google" apps on my phone all I have is Google web page. I have "apps" store on the phone, when I click on it I get genius for app which says you do not currently have any genius for apps recommendations. What does that mean? Also, from Google, I’ve tried to install an app, the message is saying “You’ve not processed the Google play store app on your device with this email account” What does that mean?
You can't download Google apps from Google Play on an iPhone. You can only get apps from the Apple App Store, accessed by tapping the App Store icon on the home page.

$image-2229693945.jpg

Thanks Scifan

Right, I’ve clicked on apps store, at the top of the page is Google search, to the right is says free, at the bottom of the page there are numerous icons: featured/top charts/genius/search/updates.

When I click on search, Google comes up, when I slide across, all kinds of Google pages come up

Thanks Scifan Right, I’ve clicked on apps store, at the top of the page is Google search, to the right is says free, at the bottom of the page there are numerous icons: featured/top charts/genius/search/updates.

When I click on search, Google comes up, when I slide across, all kinds of Google pages come up
Do you mean that you don't see something like this when you open the App Store app? $image-1329078803.jpgWhen on this page, using the search box should allow you to search for apps by name.

No I don’t. when I click on the apps store tab, Google is the only thing I’m seeing

No I don’t. when I click on the apps store tab, Google is the only thing I’m seeing
Are you sure you have a genuine iPhone 3GS and not a counterfeit iPhone? Counterfeit iPhones will typically not be able to access the Apple App Store but will go to Goole Play instead because they're actually running Android with a skin designed to resemble iOS.

I’m sure it’s a genuine iPhone, I purchased it from ebay, however, I called apple UK earlier this week regarding upgrading to version 7, I gave the IMWI and serial number , they never mentioned it could be fake.

I think I may have done something wrong when setting up the iPhone, I remember “installing” Google, but note sure what section on the phone it was.