What's new

New to Apple TV

03hdfatboy

Reaction score
Just picked up a 4K from a friend for a awesome deal. He got it as a birthday gift and didnā€™t want it. So anything I need to know? I have had iPhones since 3GS and iPad 2 and air2 now I have an iPad air pro. Havenā€™t even turned it on yet. Since itā€™s used I know Iā€™ll have to reset it. Will I need the previous owners info to do that like an iPhone? Not like it a big deal if I do I work with the guy just didnā€™t want to be fooling with it at 2am and need info from him

Last edited:
Thereā€˜s no feature such as ā€žFind my iPhoneā€œ for the Apple TV, afaik. You can find other devices using the TV, though.
Itā€˜s possible to set up the Apple TV from an iOS device. iOS 9.1 or later has to be installed.
Hereā€˜s the user guide: Apple TV User Guide

Thereā€˜s no feature such as ā€žFind my iPhoneā€œ for the Apple TV, afaik. You can find other devices using the TV, though.
Itā€˜s possible to set up the Apple TV from an iOS device. iOS 9.1 or later has to be installed.
Hereā€˜s the user guide: Apple TV User Guide
Thank you. Guy sold it to me for $30 so I couldnā€™t turn it down fir that. Love that it donā€™t depend on wifi only. I just turned it on and installing latest os

You can get used to the remote, it's much nicer than the old style. Plus you can also use Siri to control your 4K. It has Bluetooth so you can use headphones while watching it the TV.