What's new

New Survey Asks iPhone Owners Why They Didn’t Upgrade to iPhone X

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
New survey finds out why people didn't upgrade to iPhone X.JPG

MacRumors reports today on a new survey from Piper Jaffray’s Michael Olson, via Philip Elmer-DeWitt, who polled 1,500 iPhone owners to find out why they didn’t upgrade to the iPhone X.

The biggest percentage, 44%, said that they hadn’t upgraded because “my iPhone works fine.” The second biggest group, 31%, said the iPhone X was “too expensive.” Third placed, with 17%, were those iPhone owners who said that they hadn’t upgraded “for another reason,” and lastly there were 8% who said that they hadn’t upgraded because “I prefer larger screen.”

As Olson notes, it looks as though Apple’s rumoured 2018 iPhone line-up will, in theory, address each of these factors, with a larger, 6.5-inch OLED iPhone on the way, as well as a cheaper (relatively speaking) 6.1-inch iPhone with an OLED display.

Olson and Piper Jaffray think that Apple should sell 233.8 million iPhones in fiscal 2019, with the new iPhone models arriving in 2018 driving upgrades into 2019.

Source: Survey Explores Why iPhone Owners Haven't Upgraded to iPhone X

Me: Because I update every other year, and it had only been a year since I bought my last iPhone. Bad enough I pay $1,000 every other year for a phone, no way I'm going to do it every year.

Honestly I don’t understand why people get all bent about the price $999 it’s really not much more then the s9 or the note9 when it drops or the pixel 3 when it drops. It’s like everything else, gas, cars, utilities, cable, cigarettes, prices go up and will keep going up.

Idk but 50 bucks when your spending a stack just doesn’t faze me and for people who do the financing it’s a couple bucks extra a month over the s9 note or pixel 2xl

Bottom line is $1000 phones are here and it’s only gonna go higher.

Honestly I don’t understand why people get all bent about the price $999 it’s really not much more then the s9 or the note9 when it drops or the pixel 3 when it drops. It’s like everything else, gas, cars, utilities, cable, cigarettes, prices go up and will keep going up.

Idk but 50 bucks when your spending a stack just doesn’t faze me and for people who do the financing it’s a couple bucks extra a month over the s9 note or pixel 2xl

Bottom line is $1000 phones are here and it’s only gonna go higher.
Well here in the UK the price difference is £200, that makes a big difference.