What's new

New Nember needing help

kforbes429

Reaction score
I have purchased a 4S and it is not recognized by iTunes. I read a post that said if I put it in DFU mode that would solve the problem. I did that but iTunes still not recognizing my device and now all I have is a black screen. What should I do next?

I have purchased a 4S and it is not recognized by iTunes. I read a post that said if I put it in DFU mode that would solve the problem. I did that but iTunes still not recognizing my device and now all I have is a black screen. What should I do next?
For someone to help with this, you may want to offer more info. Was this a new 4s or used? Did the previous owner wipe it clean and unregister it? Have you entered your Apple ID in all the correct places? Anything you can add will assist those who may help.

Is this roo planning something evil? His eyes say so!!!

I did buy a used 4S. I took my phone and data cable to a local fix-it shop and he told me the cable was good and the phone started syncing within a few seconds of him connecting to his computer. He suggested me uninstalling itunes and reinstalling. I did that and everything starting working. Thank you for being on this forum. I have learned quite a few new things about my phone by just reading the stickies on tips and tricks. Curious though, why did you ask me if the previous owner unregistered the phone?

I did buy a used 4S. I took my phone and data cable to a local fix-it shop and he told me the cable was good and the phone started syncing within a few seconds of him connecting to his computer. He suggested me uninstalling itunes and reinstalling. I did that and everything starting working. Thank you for being on this forum. I have learned quite a few new things about my phone by just reading the stickies on tips and tricks. Curious though, why did you ask me if the previous owner unregistered the phone?
Sometimes if a previous owner doesn't unregister the phone, it causes problems for the new owner. But it looks like you got straightened out. :)

Change the cable or change the PC if problem Persist it may be hardware problem!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk