What's new

Sunshine1969

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a iPhone 7 and lately I've noticed I'm using more data than usual and I use my phone basically every day and go on the same apps as I always have a new nowhere near used amount of gigs that I've used in the last two months . I didn't even notice my husband brought it to my attention because he pays the bill and sees how muchData we each use. I don't know if I accidentally change something in my settings that could cause this but if anybody can help please feel free to give me suggestions thank you

Welcome to iPhone Forums, Sunshine1969!

Go to Settings - Mobile Data, scroll down to Wi-Fi Assist, and make sure it's turned off. If that feature is enabled, your iPhone will switch to mobile data automatically when the Wi-Fi connection is poor.

Above that, in "Use Mobile Data for:" you'll see a list of apps that are allowed to use mobile data, and how much they were using. Turn off those that should connect to Wi-Fi only.

Hope that helps.

Thank you however if I turn off I won't be able to connect to inner net unless I'm at home? Am I understanding correctly? Because I do still need to have access to my music and stores that I shop in for my coupons etc

Thank you however if I turn off I won't be able to connect to inner net unless I'm at home? Am I understanding correctly? Because I do still need to have access to my music and stores that I shop in for my coupons etc
Only apps enabled in "Use Mobile Data for" can access the internet when you're not connected to Wi-Fi.

When I go into settings I do not see mobile data is not under Wi-Fi ?
It's here:
IMG_1240.JPG