What's new

New Member - quick question

k2120s

Reaction score
Hello all....after being a die hard blackberry user (3 in total) I feel like I finally succumbed and went to the darkside...just kidding! I love my new iPhone 5! Anyway...for some reason my contacts keep duplicating and triplicating ( is that even a word?) in fact. I delete them and it continues to happen. I cleaned up my Outlook and deleted the contacts on my phone and sync'd them again, only to have them replicate again multiple times! What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!!!

Hello all....after being a die hard blackberry user (3 in total) I feel like I finally succumbed and went to the darkside...just kidding! I love my new iPhone 5! Anyway...for some reason my contacts keep duplicating and triplicating ( is that even a word?) in fact. I delete them and it continues to happen. I cleaned up my Outlook and deleted the contacts on my phone and sync'd them again, only to have them replicate again multiple times! What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!!!

Sorry, can't help you with that one but welcome to the Forum. It sounds like you did what you were suppose to do but I don't know anything about Outlook.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am unsure of a solution as well but am sure someone will be along to offer some advice...good luck!

I will assume that you are using iCloud as well cos that is what happened to me
Make sure you have downloaded and installed the iCloud for Outlook Control Panel
Configure it as needed
You may have set up itunes a little wrong
With your phone connected to iTunes check out the summary tab and read the area I have marked with red

$contactsduped.JPG
Make sure the sync contacts is UNchecked or you will be syncing to two data sources. ie Outlook and iCloud