What's new

New member: IPhone 8+ or IPhone X ?

pjvwgolf

Reaction score
Hi there, new member to the forum all the way from Gauteng, South Africa.

Not new to the product itself as I am using a 6S Plus. Not regretting the day I greeted Samsung goodbye :)

Would like some assistance with regards to choosing a new handset.

Have a choice between the 8 Plus or the X. The X draws my attention especially considering the new changes but read about the possible discontinuing of it.

So....do I rather play safe and go for the 8+ or take my chance on the “X”?

Suggestions and opinions will be appreciated.

The 8 Plus is the same size as your current phone, but much improved (I have both 8 Plus and 6S Plus) and the X is, to me, a step up from the 8 Plus. They both have 95% the same hardware (facial recognition hardware, no Touch ID, LED screen etc).

Discontinuing the X doesn't mean it is the wrong iPhone to buy, it just means that in the fall they will probably have two different sized X variants with a different name/number and a similar but LCD 8S phone.

Just my perspective, I like my 8 Plus but I LOVE my X

I like the size of the x and the good screen. The 8 is getting dated now

The 8 Plus is the same size as your current phone, but much improved (I have both 8 Plus and 6S Plus) and the X is, to me, a step up from the 8 Plus. They both have 95% the same hardware (facial recognition hardware, no Touch ID, LED screen etc).

Discontinuing the X doesn't mean it is the wrong iPhone to buy, it just means that in the fall they will probably have two different sized X variants with a different name/number and a similar but LCD 8S phone.

Just my perspective, I like my 8 Plus but I LOVE my X

Reportedly there will be no X offered, which means you cannot buy one at a discount from  this fall like you can the 6S now. You’ll have a collector’s item. The objective is to prevent cannibalizing their coming lineup, which suggests no major innovations in 2018.

I have an 8 Plus and it does everything well I need done and I’m quite happy with it. I was not tempted by the higher priced model offering too little extra I need or want. (FaceID & no Touch ID, though the OLED screen is nice.) It’s like the difference between a Bentley and a Rolls; I’d be paying more for a brass grill.)

Consider the iPhone X a limited edition. If money is no obstacle, the choice is clear.

If you're trying to upgrade on a budget, you're not missing a whole lot by getting the iPhone 8. In the end, no matter which way you go, you won't be disappointed.