What's new

new kid on the block.

Hi! I'm relatively new too and this is an awesome place to learn about your iPhone! :)

Hi all, I am a newbie just learning my way around this cell, using an old one til I can get the iPhone 5. Hope this site is able to help :)

Hi all, I am a newbie just learning my way around this cell, using an old one til I can get the iPhone 5. Hope this site is able to help :)

hello and welcome to the forum! the iphone 5 wont be until the fall so you have plenty of time with the old one.. is that the iphone 3g or the one from 2007 you have?

Well, the 1st one I think, the one b4 the 3GS. So learning as I go, my cell won't let me do a few things, but I am adjusting. I just keep telling myself that I can deal until the new one comes out :)

Well, the 1st one I think, the one b4 the 3GS. So learning as I go, my cell won't let me do a few things, but I am adjusting. I just keep telling myself that I can deal until the new one comes out :)

what features are you missing that you really wish was there?

the 3gs is ok thought it has all the current features and will have all the ios 5 ones as well

Well how u can make boxes of like Apps, & how when u have camera on u can take pics or vid. Also mine doesn't show how much energy it had left so I just added an App that showed me my energy left. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that stick out right now.

Well how u can make boxes of like Apps, & how when u have camera on u can take pics or vid. Also mine doesn't show how much energy it had left so I just added an App that showed me my energy left. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that stick out right now.

Sounds like you have the second iPhone, the 3G. You can't take videos with the 3G but I'm sure there is an app that will let you. Battery percentage isn't available on the 3G but as you've already found out, there's an app for that also.

You should be able to put your apps into folders. Do you know which firmware it's running? General > settings > about > version...

you just enable it in the options and it shows the percentage of the battery, you dont need a 3rd party app for that....

folders? if you have ios 4.XX you can just drag one app on top of another and it will create a folder...

so the ones you mentioned are enabled in ios 4.XX

I tried dragging one app onto another to make a box & it wouldn't allow it. U know I wondered about the vid, but then would 4get about it until next time, must find an app for that. :)