What's new

New iPhone SE locked

tblusk

Reaction score
this may not even be the right place to post this. But I am at my wits end and out of options. I just recently purchased a iPhone SE brand new through straight talk. Given I listened to a couple idiot friends of mine that said I could more than likely use my ATT SIM card and it would work just fine. Well, as you can guess that's not the case. Straight talk phones are now carrier locked. Ive researched upon research getting a third party to unlock the phone given that you have to have the service for 12 months in order for straight talk to do it for you. My old phone is screwed hince the reason I got the new one, and I'm desperate. Does anyone know any third party sites that ARE LEGIT and can unlock his forsaken phone for me? Thanks.

(As I said it's brand new, no bad imei or whatever. Brand new.)

If you buy a phone through a carrier, you will usually find you have a contract with them. This is legally binding. That is how they recoup the discount they give you on the phone. Why don't you just stay with them until the end of the contact?

Straight talk is a prepaid carrier. There is no contract with their service

Have you contacted Straight Talk to see about unlocking it?

Also, what does it say when you put the AT&T sim in?

this may not even be the right place to post this. But I am at my wits end and out of options. I just recently purchased a iPhone SE brand new through straight talk. Given I listened to a couple idiot friends of mine that said I could more than likely use my ATT SIM card and it would work just fine. Well, as you can guess that's not the case. Straight talk phones are now carrier locked. Ive researched upon research getting a third party to unlock the phone given that you have to have the service for 12 months in order for straight talk to do it for you. My old phone is screwed hince the reason I got the new one, and I'm desperate. Does anyone know any third party sites that ARE LEGIT and can unlock his forsaken phone for me? Thanks.

(As I said it's brand new, no bad imei or whatever. Brand new.)
If you got any kind of discount off of the full price of the iPhone, it is locked. When you purchased it, the sales rep registered the ST sim.