What's new

New guy

Brewerpaul

Reaction score
Hi all-- I'm a happy iPhone6 user. Upgraded from an iPhone 4 soon after the 6 became available.
For me,iPhone is a misnomer-- the phone is about the LEAST used feature of my little pocket computer. Love it.
I do have a question about downloading single photos from my iPhone to my PC...how do I do that without IMPORTING everything? When I connect the phone to the computer and look at the phone internal storage, all I find is a ton of gibberish sounding folders with names like 2204FBUOJ. Yup, my pictures and videos are in those folders, but I can't find any easy way to find the photo I want. Any advice much appreciated.

By the way.. I've tried selecting and emailing the photos to myself but they never arrive.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Brewerpaul!

It's possible to use online storage (Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive...) to sync and then save them to your computer. iCloud also offers options to sync your images to the PC, to be able to store them there afterwards.
There's also Flickr, where you get 1 TB of free storage for your images. You're able to access the pictures online (browser) and get them to your computer from there. It's not necessary to show the images in public.

Most of these services have a very useful feature - it's possible to set your device to upload the pictures from your iPhone automatically.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. From what I've seen it seems that you have to upload everything and then pick and choose. It was SO much simpler when I could simply open the files from my computer and copy just the ones I wanted to the computer.

If you don't want to upload every photo, it's also possible to put photos there via the Photos app (Flickr, in my case):
image.jpg

Or in the "More" feature, save it to Dropbox, if it's enabled:
image.png

It's also possible to import just a few of your photos to OneDrive, as well as Box or Google Drive. You'd have to do this from those apps.