What's new

New Content Blocker Released

ardchoille

Reaction score
For those of you who are fans of content blockers in Safari, Magic was just released.. and it's free for a limited time.

Magic AdBlock - Block Ads. Browse Magic Fast. on the App Store

image.png

I've been experimenting and using this ad blocker since the announcement here. So far, so good. I find it working good.

It's unfortunate we need these ad blockers, but truth be told, we do. I don't mind ads here and there on my favorite websites, but many sites have gotten OUT OF HAND with their ads.

Some sites are getting smart and blocking content if ads are not displayed like TMZ dot com.

There are sites I want to support AND see their ads because the ads are so highly targeted to the sites content, I find myself clicking on them often, so the white list is welcome within this ad blocker.

Stumbled across this today while playing with iOS Safari.

If your using any Ad Blocker, and the webpage doesn't load properly with your Ad Blocker, press and hold the "refresh" button to the right of the URL. A dialog box will come up with;
Request Desktop Site
&
Reload without content blocker

Now I don't have to go into settings and disable the Ad Blocker for a few websites that don't work when Ad Blockers are enabled.

Stumbled across this today while playing with iOS Safari.

If your using any Ad Blocker, and the webpage doesn't load properly with your Ad Blocker, press and hold the "refresh" button to the right of the URL. A dialog box will come up with;
Request Desktop Site
&
Reload without content blocker

Now I don't have to go into settings and disable the Ad Blocker for a few websites that don't work when Ad Blockers are enabled.
You can also use the Magic icon (Magic actions) in Safari's share sheet to report problematic websites, the devs are good about fixing these errors.

February 1 and still free! Just picked it up. I wanted one with white listing. I was using AdMop. It's nice, but no white listing.