What's new

Never ending app download (whatsapp)

johndxmurphy

Reaction score
I'm trying to install WhatsApp on my iPhone 7. I an new to iPhone so maybe I'm not doing something right. When I press/tap on Get (for WhatsApp) the little icon goes round and round indicating that something is happening, but it just never finishes. It will go on for hours and never download. Wi-fi is turned on and connected.

Thanks - johndxmurphy

Do you have a good WiFi connection? A weak connection could be the problem.

Isn't WhatsApp a texting program? If so, why use it over the I Phone texting program?

Isn't WhatsApp a texting program? If so, why use it over the I Phone texting program?
It's a cross platform texting app that works on iOS and Android. iMessage only works between iOS devices and/or Macs. Like iMessage, it avoids the fees some carriers charge for sending SMS text messages and multimedia messages.

It's a cross platform texting app that works on iOS and Android. iMessage only works between iOS devices and/or Macs. Like iMessage, it avoids the fees some carriers charge for sending SMS text messages and multimedia messages.

Ok. Got it. But why would anyone want to text an Android user? :)

Ok. Got it. But why would anyone want to text an Android user? :)

Do you live in a box? Only joking, millions of people own Android handy's maybe some of your friends do to.
When you exchange phone numbers with someone surely you don't ask them if they use Android or not.
It's not the be all and end all of life my friend.
Switch off your handy for a day.