What's new

Never been activated iphone 4 can this be UNLOCKED ?

n0rie_uk

Reaction score
Howdi all.. im a newbie here and have read a few tutorials and read me 1st threads.. but i think ( not 100% sure ) that most tutorials are for iphone 4`s that have already been activated.. now mines isnt activated.. ive created an itunes account but a few tutorials im reading are mentioning accessing your menu on the phone.. well i cant even get passed the connect to itunes logo on the phone..

so my question to all is can i still open/unlock this phone ? i bought it on ebay and is LOCKED to t-mobile.. i dont even know what OS version it has.. so im really lost.. any info wud be appreciated thxx in advance..

Howdi all.. im a newbie here and have read a few tutorials and read me 1st threads.. but i think ( not 100% sure ) that most tutorials are for iphone 4`s that have already been activated.. now mines isnt activated.. ive created an itunes account but a few tutorials im reading are mentioning accessing your menu on the phone.. well i cant even get passed the connect to itunes logo on the phone..

so my question to all is can i still open/unlock this phone ? i bought it on ebay and is LOCKED to t-mobile.. i dont even know what OS version it has.. so im really lost.. any info wud be appreciated thxx in advance..

When you plug it into itunes it will show you the OS version without you needing to do anything - that way you can then look for a jailbreak that will "hactivate" your phone.

personally id ask somebody you know who is with T Mobile to put the sim in your phone and activate then give it them back. I used to do that with my old O2 locked 3G as I am on Vodafone and my GF is on O2 so i just used her sim to activate it.

Ok i have managed to jailbreak my iphone 4.. i have installed cydia/ultrasn0w but i cant make calls/send sms.. so i dont think its unlocked.. when i go into phone settings it lists my number as Unknown so im not sure if theres a problem with the sim ??

Hey.. Does downgrading IOS on my iphone4 from 4.2.1 to 4.1.0 also causes downgrading baseband ???

Ok i have managed to jailbreak my iphone 4.. i have installed cydia/ultrasn0w but i cant make calls/send sms.. so i dont think its unlocked.. when i go into phone settings it lists my number as Unknown so im not sure if theres a problem with the sim ??

You baseband probably isn't compatible with ultrasnow. Check your modem firmware number in the about page of your settings against the list of compatible basebands in the ultrasnow description in cydia.

Hey.. Does downgrading IOS on my iphone4 from 4.2.1 to 4.1.0 also causes downgrading baseband ???

There's no way to downgrade basebands. Not even by downgrading firmware...

Thanks Gaz6076 ..
Is there any way to unlock my iphone4 with firmware 4.2.1 and baseband 3.10..??
need serious help guyz .. thanks...

No way yet. There's not been a new unlock for over half a year now...