What's new

Need help :(

Ysbaden

Reaction score
Please help me unlock my iphone 3gs white 32g ios 6.1.3 model: A1303. I'm a complete noob to ios platform since most of my phone before were Sony Ericsson and Samsung but this last week a friend game me his old iPhone 3gs bought from japan and it's Sim Card are currently locked to it's carrier. I want to unlock it for free if possible.

The first time i had this iPhone i want to install some apps but iTunes said it won't install because the ios were outdated so after update to ios 6.1.3 i can't connect to iTunes anymore to install any apps. In phone, it's a fresh setting first you need to choose language then country then WI-FI and since there's no wifi around the other options was to connect to iTunes. In iTunes, i have a stoppage that say's i cannot continue that i have to use a sim card like the previous sim locked to this iphone now i'm stuck!! The only option i can think of is to unlock it (for free if possible) so i can browse itunes again and open this iphone and use it's gsm capabilities. I need your help please asap this is an old phone so most of you here know the tips and tricks to beat this sim locked. ty

I have tried so far; Jailbreak ios 6.1.3 using Redsnow 0.9.15b3 and i get exploit error. I'm yet to find out the problem about the error.

Refrain from duplicate posting. It's considered spamming and is against our Forum Rules. Multiple posts will divert solutions to multiple threads and will cause confusion due to lack of linear progression.

None of the information provided is used to determine whether or not you can unlock using UtlraSn0w. You need to find out whether or not your device is a new or old bootrom, which can be done by providing the first 5 digits of your serial number. Serial, not model.

The exploit failed with RedSn0w because you're not using the iOS 6.0 IPSW as a base to jailbreak. The guide to do so is here.

OK here's the first five of my serial "88017" and thank you for the quick response. I'm now downloading the 6.0 ipsw and let you know tomorrow how much i progress or regress .

017 is 2010, 17th week, which is the new bootrom, you cannot use UltraSn0w with your device unless you downgrade to 4.1 and giving up 95% of app compatibility from the AppStore and Cydia, or, if you have valid blobs for iOS 6.1 or below for your specific device, you can downgrade to 6.1, which is the last new bootrom 3GS that's supported by UltraSn0w.

I get an error after the first stage. I'm running Redsnow 0.9.15b3 with ios 6.1.3 with ipsw 6.0 in administrator mode now i'm not sure what to do next. Do you think my redsnow 0.9.15b3 is corrupted?

$redsnow.JPG

Can you tell me other options unlocking my iphone aside from jailbreak. I can't use this phone i'm stuck at sim lock.

Also the warning at the right side saying i might be using the newer model of iphone 3gs. Maybe that is causing the error?

$redsnow 2.jpg

Run RedSn0w in compatibility mode by right-clicking it and heading to properties.

The second image is a baseband preserver, and does not affect restores/jailbreaks unless your device is flashed on the iPad Baseband. Because the iPad Baseband is 06.15.00, and the latest baseband for the iPhone 3GS is only 05.18, and since Apple does not allow for the downgrading of anything via restoration by default, you need to preserve the baseband to prevent it from upgrading so that when restoring, you won't receive errors because of the baseband.

I have tried all the above tips and i get the same error after uploading first phase. I also tried disabling my antivirus still the same error. The process was easy but I'm not sure what is causing the error. What am i missing here? :(

I need another option unlocking this device. Do you know any aside from jailbreak?

You either have to jailbreak or pay for the service online or from a carrier. ApplenBerry and original carriers are the only providers for unlocks we support. All others are at your own risk.

You can also try Sn0wBreeze to jailbreak and hacktivate the device

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa

Do i always have to perform jailbreak while i'm online or it can be done offline? I notice that in Redsnow "uploading first stage" and in Snowbreeze "extracting ipsw" my computer hang up for more than an hour and i don't see that my phone turn on with codes uploading and that pineapple logo. My experience jailbreaking are from what i see in youtube like other's can do this procedure in 15 mins while mine would hang up and cause error then Redsnow close the app by itself.

Using Sn0wBreeze, yes. You'll be in Pwned DFU mode and restoring, which requires that you have a connection towards Apple's verification server. For RedSn0w, AFAIK, you don't need it as all of the underlying code is neatly packed into the utility. Unless you're using the restore feature, you won't need internet access though you will afterwards to set up Cydia

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

I forgot to update this thread lately, my iPhone are now jailbroken using redsnow. After reformatting my computer that fixes the error but after my phone died from low battery next thing happened all my third party apps were not working anymore and cydia shows blank. What should i do reboot using redsnow?

I notice that everytime i perform jailbreak while i'm online i get an error.

You have to boot tethered assuming you're on a tethered/semi-tethered jailbreak

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

It worked again maybe my net connection was causing the error and from offline mode the left side USB port of my laptop cause error too but in right side port it always worked. Thanks again