What's new

NEED HELP WITH SIRI

yates74

Reaction score
I just got my iPhone 6 and was setting up Siri. My last setting is 'My Info' and it has one of my contacts showing - how to I get rid of that and what really belongs there?

Settings>General>Siri>my info. If it doesn't show your name, click on it. You will see your contacts list. Scroll down to you name and click on it. If that doesn't make it right then when you click on my info and find another name, edit that to your Info so Siri identifies the phone with you.

Last edited:
Settings>General>Siri>my info. If it doesn't show your name, click on it. You will see your contacts list. Scroll down to you name and click on it. If that doesn't make it right then when you click on my info and find another name, edit that to your Info so Siri identifies the phone with you.

Ha! I have never had an iPhone before, I did not know I had to add myself. Got that part now (maybe with a screen shot) how do I add 'my son' 'my daughter' etc. Thanks a lot.

Easy way is to tell Siri to do it. Press the home button long for Siri. Then tell Siri "princess is my daughter". Siri will check to see if there is more than one princess in your contacts. If there is you will have to show which of those displayed you mean. Then Siri will ask you if you want her to remember that princess is your daughter. Say yes.

If you want to do it manually go into contacts.
Scroll down and select “Related People”. You’ll be brought back to the edit screen and you’ll see a new field “mother” added. If you want to change the relationship, simply tap on the “mother” field and you’re provided with other relationships (e.g. father, parent, friend, partner, etc) to choose from. If you can’t find one that fits, simply tap “Add Custom Label” to define your own relationship.

Ha! I have never had an iPhone before, I did not know I had to add myself. Got that part now (maybe with a screen shot) how do I add 'my son' 'my daughter' etc. Thanks a lot.
In addition to your basic info such as number, email addresses, addresses and social media, your contact for yourself will link to your medical info you have entered in the Health app. This may come in handy for first responders if they miss it on the lock screen.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419898711.368020.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

You show relationships the same way you showed who you were in contacts under relationships. And again, Siri can do this for you too.

Led's advice is really good. In fact, most don't realize, but from the lock screen you can access the info under Medical Info, without unlocking the phone. Just click on Emergency.