What's new

NEED HELP TO DOWNLOAD FREE APP in iphone 7

violetta72

Reaction score
I am signing in but refuse to give my credit card. I have given everything else. I just need to download WhatsApp so I can send photos in my messages.
All the help videos say I can check none for credit card but Apple will not sign me in.
Can someone help?
I am so sorry I bought an iPhone. I thought I was buying a good phone. Who does Apple think they are?

If this is not resolved, I will return this phone and buy a Samsung.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I'll try the instructions & get back to you.

Before I try to use a different ID, will someone please tell me how to use the iTunes prepaid card. There isn't a place to check for it. And also is it necessary to put my address since they don't need a billing address?

I will wait for your response. Thanks

Open App Store or iTunes Store, scroll to the bottom and tap on redeem.
IMG_1529548220.452408.jpg

And when I check none for no credit card, do I still have to put a billing address in?

You should see the following screen

IMG_1529726174.521005.jpg

The back of the prepaid card will have a silver stripe that you peel off to expose the card number. Either type in the number or select the camera option and put the card into the camera field, you will see your account now has $xx in it to spend on music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, etc.

My question now has nothing to do with the iTunes card

When I create a new Apple account and check NONE for the payment. Do I still need to put in a billing address? Will they still ask me for that?

Thanks

Yes, you will need a billing address. It’s not possible to set up an Apple ID without that.

Why would you refuse to enter your debit/credit card with all the info required? No one is going to steal anything from you. I've had my card entered in iTunes for over 6 years, and no problems at all.

View attachment 41005

The back of the prepaid card will have a silver stripe that you peel off to expose the card number. Either type in the number or select the camera option and put the card into the camera field, you will see your account now has $xx in it to spend on music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, etc.
When I first set up my iPhone, many years ago, I did I’d not want to give Apple my cc numbers. So I bought a $10 iTunes Gift Card. And I entered that for my billing info. It worked for years until I got so used to using Apple Wallet that it seemed to be an un-needed step. And that is why zstairlessone showed you how to do that.

Why would you refuse to enter your debit/credit card with all the info required? No one is going to steal anything from you. I've had my card entered in iTunes for over 6 years, and no problems at all.
That is your experience but other people have had problems. And it is not necessary if I am not buying anything.

When I first set up my iPhone, many years ago, I did I’d not want to give Apple my cc numbers. So I bought a $10 iTunes Gift Card. And I entered that for my billing info. It worked for years until I got so used to using Apple Wallet that it seemed to be an un-needed step. And that is why zstairlessone showed you how to do that.
So you are saying that I can put the number if my iTunes gift card in the place where they ask for a credit card? I will try that next. Because I have been unsuccessful so far.
I created a new ID. Answered all the questions, received a confirmation code. And in the end, it says "We have run into a problem, try again later" then I lose all the info.I have a strong signal on Wi-Fi. I am at my wits end.
Open App Store or iTunes Store, scroll to the bottom and tap on redeem.
View attachment 40981

View attachment 41005

That is your experience but other people have had problems. And it is not necessary if I am not buying anything.

View attachment 41005

But I have to create an account before I can redeem a card. And I am unable to do that.