What's new

Navigation app with video out

I understood it as a Navigation app that will let you use an AV cable to display on a mobile monitor, like you can with videos.

IDK if any of them will let you do that, as I've never tried it.

I understood it as a Navigation app that will let you use an AV cable to display on a mobile monitor, like you can with videos.

IDK if any of them will let you do that, as I've never tried it.

Could be. Will we ever know? In any case, if that's the question, it's a good one.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone with TVOut2 then you can mirror everything from your phone to an external monitor. I run TVOut2 with Navigon to my in-dash radio unit and it works like a champ. Don't know of one with native video output.

Deepindebtjd-thats exactly what i was meant/looking for. Dang I wanted something with a native out already. thanks though guys

Gotcha. Figured that might be the case. I'll keep my eye out for something like that as I puruse the online forums and if I ever run across something then I'll come back with an update. Why not just do it the way described in my first post?

Deep-I tried it but its a little frustrating cuz i always have to resize the picture every time i want to use it

Does any one know of one that has video out????

Motion X GPS Drive has one built in. Just plug it in and it will display the video on the screen automatically. There are units that specifically work for it ie pioneer, jvc..., but I have a Jensen VM9224 and it display the maps on the screen.

Check out Motion X's website

Update:

Motion X Drive HD will mirror the Nav screen to a 2nd Monitor with the proper composite video cable. If you have the right cable it works great. In fact the iPhone or iPad can be used as a controller for the second screen. If you have a RV with a monitor your passenger can go into the mail menue of the app and look for points of interest or search or do any function from the iPhone or iPad and the mirrored Navigation screen always stays up on the screen. Very cool stuff. The only thing that would make this better is if you could run the app in the background if a call comes in. The downfall is the app always has to be up and running on the phone to mirror to the 2nd monitor. So if you want to talk on the phone you will lose the screen. You can pinch to zoom and it mirrors your movement. RVers try it if your monitor has a AV Input, you will love it.

If you are in search of navigation application i will suggest you the ftm I.E flytomap, Since few months i'm using their apps they are working perfect on my private board!

Last edited: