What's new

My screen turns off during a call

cherylblodgett

Reaction score
This is something new my phone is doing. When I am done with a call I used to be able to just remove my phone from my face and the screen would be on for me hang the call up. Now when I lower my phone my screen is off and I have to push the button to turn the screen on to hang up the phone. Why did it change and how can I get back the way it was.

if your phone is jailbroken, its possible one of the latest cydia tweaks you installed has corrupted the system, making the proximity sensor not work proper.
the solution is to remove tweaks till you find the culprit. if its not jailbroken then a restore on itunes might cure your sensor problem. it also could be a screen saver blocking the sensor.

Thank you for your help. However, I do not know what jailbroken is or cyda tweaks are. Anyway I do have a case on my phone that has a plastic cover over the screen. Could this be the problem?

yes it is very possible. the screen can be convering up the tiny sensor. if you take it off and it does not work, then restore it on itunes. and if that fails you have a sensor problem. if under warranty no problem if its not it does not cost that much to replace one.

If your screen protector is something thick or has a tint to it, it would affect it.